1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fox Sports West & Fox Sports Prime Ticket [west 2], availability?

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by Tele-TV, Aug 27, 2010.

1. Tele-TV

Tele-TV Godfather

Nov 26, 2003
    Quick question guys plz, if you don't mind. I know you don't owe me anything. [Embarassed Emoticon]

I called E* right now to ask them, big mistake. SPoke clearly my questions but had to tell 2 people I spoke to twice, in a nice manner, thats not what I was asking. And top of that, last guy that semi helped me said I will let you go (after I told him I was done, and thanks), than he just hung up abruptly. No have a good day or thanks for calling. ANYWAYS.... thats for another day.

I know I posted on this forum before that I was thinking bout switching to E* [now for HD ch.'s like E!, TruTV, etc].

I'm thinking bout switching but have questions bout Fox Sports West (FSW), and Fox Sports Prime Ticket (FSPT).

NOT referring to Sports Blackouts

1. Are BOTH channels available full time in at least SD?

2. Like, they don't shut off the channels for "bandwith recovery", right? Sorry for the silly question. I'm trying to figure out what they mean by PART TIME RSN's.

THANKS!!!

2. Pete K.

Pete K. Icon

Apr 23, 2002
    They're on 24/7 except of course when there are blackouts...but you aren't asking about that.

3. sigma1914

sigma1914 Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    By "part time RSN," it's referring to the HD feed being part time. Not every HD produced game is in HD on FSW & FSPT on Dish.

4. Tele-TV

Tele-TV Godfather

Nov 26, 2003
    ^^ Thanks Pete much appreciated.

Hey sigma. Thank you, really. You just answered my follow up question bout the HD feed.

Thanks again to both. Everything makes sense. I should have just came here fist instead wating my time on the phone. The 2 sat source websites are best places to go for info.

1. In all honesty, i don't my brother could care thay much about the HD feed, of anything, as me. Even if it wasn't just me who pays the D* bill for the family. But in consideration for him helping me out with other things, I WILL ask his opinion about the FS channels.

-- Humble, Matt.

5. DodgerKing

DodgerKing Hall Of Fame

Apr 28, 2008
    If sports on these two channels in HD is important to you, I would suggest Direct over Dish. Direct does carry both in HD full time. Never a blackout or a JIP, unlike Dish.

If HD is not that important and price is important, then Dish may be a better option for you.

6. Tele-TV

Tele-TV Godfather

Nov 26, 2003
    ^^ Nah, sports is NOT important to me at all. :) I was just taking my brother into consideration. But if were talking about hot Russian [drools] women playing tennis, than that's a different story. [insert appr. emoticon : ) ]

I keep changing the date in my head. Maybe after the RUMORED new D* Hd channels coming for D* LIKE in 6 weeks, if what I was hoping for does not materialize, than I will take on E* suscription (but hopefully not for than 2 months), withmy current D* subscription. So I can E* give a test run.

I already visited a local authorized E* retailer couple weeks ago, that I would not mind doing business with. Picked up the latest E* ch. brochure, and nerdly marked with notes.