1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FOXE HD (398) Available for the BCS Champ

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by Crypter, Jan 8, 2009.

1. Jan 8, 2009 #1 of 16
    Crypter

Crypter Godfather

Jun 21, 2007
    This is great! I do not get HD Locals from DTV so this is huge. Are they going to start offering all BIG sporting events on the DNS HD channels???

2. Jan 9, 2009 #2 of 16
    tater71

tater71 Cool Member

Feb 20, 2007
    It's great that D* does this but how about letting their costumers know. I watched the whole game in SD!

3. Jan 9, 2009 #3 of 16
    jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
    One must learn to surf the channels these days. :)

4. Jan 9, 2009 #4 of 16
    jtcrusader

jtcrusader Legend

Jun 13, 2007
    Would love for them to do this with the NBC feed for the Super Bowl.

5. Jan 9, 2009 #5 of 16
    jlatham

jlatham Mentor

Oct 8, 2008
    I was looking for it on channel 88 last night. What's the difference between the two?

6. Jan 9, 2009 #6 of 16
    Crypter

Crypter Godfather

Jun 21, 2007
    I have a hunch they will. I wish we could confirm it though. I need to make plans for the SB and knowing I can watch it in HD at home is a nice thing to know ahead of time.

7. Jan 9, 2009 #7 of 16
    MikeW

MikeW Hall Of Fame

May 16, 2002
    I'd be happy if they turned it on during baseball season on Saturday mornings...

8. Jan 9, 2009 #8 of 16
    iceturkee

iceturkee DINFOS Trained Killer DBSTalk Club

Apr 1, 2007
    daytona...
    channel 88 is the mpeg2 version and the other is the mpeg4 counterpart!

9. Jan 9, 2009 #9 of 16
    T_N_T

T_N_T Legend

Sep 9, 2008
    I checked the channel when the game started and it was not turned on, they must have turned it on after the game started.

10. Msguy

Msguy Hall Of Fame

May 22, 2003
    What I do not understand is with all the fuss there has been over the years by the lawmakers in Washington D.C. about these Distant Networks Why all of a sudden are these channels being turned on at certain times? I'm not complaining about them being turned on I just don't understand why they won't allow everyone who wants to subscribe to them why they just won't allow us to have them full time. I know the local broadcasters would be angry but still if we as customers are willing to subscribe to them why won't they just let us have them? I tell you things like this are REALLY screwed up and the logic of it puzzles me as to WHY they just won't allow Satellite Customers to receive the Distant Networks Full Time. Someone really needs to help change these crazy laws about television.

11. bobnielsen

bobnielsen Éminence grise

Jun 29, 2006
    Bainbridge...
    I believe that they are only turned on when/if there are issues with the locals.

12. Crypter

Crypter Godfather

Jun 21, 2007
    Well I got a BIG problem with my locals.... I don't get them in HD. Like Msguy says, for those of us who cannot get locals from DTV (HD) we should have the option of getting the DNS locals WITHOUT NEEDING A WAIVER.

13. jlatham

jlatham Mentor

Oct 8, 2008
    Amen brother. If 88 is turned on will the mpeg 4 alternative always be on by default? I actually added the channels in my program guide recently.

14. Msguy

Msguy Hall Of Fame

May 22, 2003
    The East Coast Distant Network Feeds have been turned on before for me recently and we were having no issues with our local feeds. The New York Distant Network Feeds were on and so were my locals. But they would get turned off around 10 p.m. So I know it wasn't just a "Local" issue. For some reason these channels are turned on.

15. T_N_T

T_N_T Legend

Sep 9, 2008
    They can't just turn them on for one market, if they turn them on every subscriber will be able to see them, even if you have an HD box but don't subscribe to HD channels you will be able to see them.

16. Msguy

Msguy Hall Of Fame

May 22, 2003
    What Lawmakers should allow for is to have 1 City for each Timezone be designated as that Time Zone's Distant Network Locals. They should allow us to receive our local channels free if they are available on DirecTv or Dish Network in addition the option for every subscriber to add the 1 distant network city. an example of this would be East Coast Subscribers get N.Y. Locals. Central Time Zone Subscribers get Chicago Feeds. Mountain Time Zone Subscribers get Denver Locals and West Coast Subscribers get Los Angeles Locals. That is what I wish they would allow.