1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Franco Roast on Monday

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by Maruuk, Aug 31, 2013.

1. Maruuk

Maruuk Hall Of Fame

Dec 4, 2007
    Comedy Central is roasting James Franco on Monday (Labor Day) at 10pm/ET -- 7PT and it looks to be brutally funny. Just the one Sarah Silverman line in the teaser got me to hit REC.

2. RunnerFL

RunnerFL DIRECTV A-Team

Jan 4, 2006
    I'll wait for the uncensored version, that should air in a few weeks.

3. yosoyellobo

yosoyellobo Icon

Nov 1, 2006
    Jacksonville Fl
    Is that the one that is hosted by the devil himself?

4. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    I'll wait for the uncensored version, that should air in a few weeks.
    Where?

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk

5. RunnerFL

RunnerFL DIRECTV A-Team

Jan 4, 2006
    Comedy Central

6. yosoyellobo

yosoyellobo Icon

Nov 1, 2006
    Jacksonville Fl
    If by uncensored you mean Lisa Lampanelli have sex with Gilbert Gottfried I think I pass :)

7. Sep 1, 2013 #7 of 18
    Maruuk

Maruuk Hall Of Fame

Dec 4, 2007
    How does this work, they bleep out the Monday version, then go blue in 3 weeks on Comedy Central, or via some download someplace else?

8. Sep 1, 2013 #8 of 18
    RunnerFL

RunnerFL DIRECTV A-Team

Jan 4, 2006
    It's called "Comedy Central's Secret Stash". Generally, but not always, between the hours of Midnight and like 3am on Saturday and Sunday Comedy Central shows stuff uncensored, as far as language. The guide data won't tell you if it is uncensored, you just have to record it and give it a shot. With the roasts however you can generally tell it's the uncensored one if it runs longer than the censored one. The roast Monday is for 90 minutes. If you find one being broadcast in the early am, or late night to some, and it's 105 minutes then it's probably the uncensored/uncut one.

Comedy Central has been doing this with movies, stand up performances, roasts and more recently Tosh.0 episodes, for about 10 years now. A few things over the years have even been uncensored as far as nudity too.

9. Sep 1, 2013 #9 of 18
    armophob

armophob Difficulty Concen........ DBSTalk Club

Nov 13, 2006
    Fort Pierce, FL
    Yep, if anyone sees it before me, maybe post it here.

10. RunnerFL

RunnerFL DIRECTV A-Team

Jan 4, 2006
    9/13 at 2:34am might be the uncut one. Since they don't put "uncut" in the guide data it's hard to know for sure.

9/7 at 11:35pm is listed as 1hr 33mins and all others are 1hr 30mins but I don't think they'd start "secret stash" that early.

11. Maruuk

Maruuk Hall Of Fame

Dec 4, 2007
    Thanks for the heads up on that, guys! It is frustrating hearing nothing but bleeps and then hearing the crowd go crazy but you have no idea what they're freaking out about!

12. Maruuk

Maruuk Hall Of Fame

Dec 4, 2007
    Wow, great writing, incredibly funny. Only Franco himself was a dud. But then, that was the whole point!

Turns out the 4-letter words weren't that integral to the gags. Worked fine without em.

13. Supramom2000

Supramom2000 In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

Jun 20, 2007
    Colbert, WA
    Franco is a dud. He was a total, colossal bomb on General Hospital. Yet the suck-up writer and producers, etc. wanted his creds so badly that they kept bringing him back over and over. He was cartoonish and buffoon-like.

14. Maruuk

Maruuk Hall Of Fame

Dec 4, 2007
    That's kind of what made the roast so funny: he actually IS a total zero and all the zingers hit home bigtime. I actually believe the only reason he still has a career is that everyone confuses him with Mark Ruffalo!

15. AntAltMike

AntAltMike Hall Of Fame

Nov 20, 2004
    College...
  16. Supramom2000

Supramom2000 In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

Jun 20, 2007
    Colbert, WA
    Sorry, I don't get the reference. I never watched SNL so is it an inside joke?

And I wish Franco was dead on General Hospital. Alas, it is not to be. But at least Franco the actor is not portraying Franco the serial killer any longer.

17. AntAltMike

AntAltMike Hall Of Fame

Nov 20, 2004
    College...
    "In the news tonight..."

"In the news tonight!!!

18. Maruuk

Maruuk Hall Of Fame

Dec 4, 2007
    Now that all of the even marginal SNL folks are quickly stepping up to Hollywood, it should leave us with a pretty brutal season this Fall. Jumping back to Chevy and Garret, or Belushi and Akroyd, it's staggering how low the show has sunk since its riotous heyday. They say the only reason it's still on the air is that they pay the players next to nothing, and nothing would score well in that date-night slot anyways. Although I think they should bring back live music shows for late Sat night like the Midnight Special. They had great acts on there.