1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Frank TV

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by jfeheley, Nov 21, 2007.

1. jfeheley

jfeheley AllStar

Oct 4, 2007
    Frank TV was in stretch o vision. I turned it off after 5 minutes and cancelled my season pass.

Jerry

2. msw323

msw323 Cool Member

Sep 19, 2007
    Really?

Not on my system. It was full HD for me.Funny Show too!:D

3. Snoofie

Snoofie Registered User

May 29, 2003
    It was also stretched for me. Odd because at the very beginning it said "in high definition where available". Also, they had a preview earlier in the week and the Clinton sketch was shown in HD, but the same sketch on the show was stretched. The comedy special he did and the Ellen variety show were both shown in HD this week so I don't know why they didn't show Frank TV in HD.

4. jfeheley

jfeheley AllStar

Oct 4, 2007
    Wow.. that's funny. We're both in Arizona. It was difinately stretched on my set.

.. and what Snoofie said about some HD and some not happened exactly that way to me.

5. richiephx

richiephx Godfather

Jan 18, 2006
    I guess you are the exception...is your receiver connected to your tv with a s-video cable too? :)

6. RAD

RAD Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2002
    Dripping...
    Stretched for me also, when they panned in the living room you could actually see the size of the furniture change less stretched as it got towards the mid screen and then stretch out as it panned off.

7. Kenkong586

Kenkong586 Legend

Apr 3, 2007
    Yeah, I noticed that to, a weird "wave" effect on my end, but funny none the less. The Seinfeld skit was great, all the characters were dead on.

8. Snoofie

Snoofie Registered User

May 29, 2003
    And, Frank Caliendo was all over the radio the past few weeks and he made several mentions to the fact that they were recording Frank TV in HD. TBS just screwed it up somehow.

9. lwilli201

lwilli201 Hall Of Fame

Dec 22, 2006
    Missouri
    Some idiot forgot to turn off the stretch machine when that show came on. :lol:

10. chris0

chris0 Godfather

Jun 25, 2007
    It was a weird stretch-o-vision for me. And I didn't think it was that funny. He's amazingly talented, his Bush, Barkley and Madden are absolutely spot on. His Cheney sucked and his Clinton was OK. I'm going to give it one more week before I cancel my series link.

btw, someone needs to do Gordon Ramsey. I think that could be pretty funny. He's so ripe for caricature.

11. Snoofie

Snoofie Registered User

May 29, 2003
    He already is a caricature. He has said before that he only acts that way because that is what American audiences want to see.

12. txtommy

txtommy Icon

Dec 30, 2006
    Must have something to do with your setup. It was in full HD on my TV. Full screen with no distortion whatsoever. I'm connected HDMI to a 50" Panasonic Plasma.

And the show was very funny....

13. RAD

RAD Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2002
    Dripping...
    Don't know about that, I've watched some of his BBC version and he acts the same there.

14. Snoofie

Snoofie Registered User

May 29, 2003
    Unless you have a super special de-stretching setting on your TV, then I can only guess that you watch TNT and TBS all the time and are immune to the stretching that they do for their programs. It was not my set-up and was definitely not broadcast in HD. Anyways, I just hope they have it fixed for next week's broadcast for those of us without super non-stretching TV's.

15. Snoofie

Snoofie Registered User

May 29, 2003
    Never seen the BBC version and, honestly, never watched the American versions. Just seen promos of him yelling, cussing, spitting, throwing, etc. You know, normal British stuff.

16. RAD

RAD Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2002
    Dripping...
    Yep, that's what he does, there's a lot of 'bleeping' done on both shows for his language.

17. Lord Vader

Lord Vader Supreme Member DBSTalk Club

Sep 20, 2004
    Galactic Empire
    Caliendo is one hell of an impressionist. He's very good at what he does, and I enjoy his individual impressions. Having said this, I found only a few parts of his show even remotely entertaining.

18. Ken S

Ken S RIP

Feb 12, 2007
    I agree with you. He does great on the radio for brief periods, but it wears quickly. Also, was that a laugh-track they were using or live...whichever it was too loud.

He's a funny, talented guy...but not sure he can carry a regular weekly show.

19. jfeheley

jfeheley AllStar

Oct 4, 2007
    I gave Frank TV another chance last night, Tues. Nov. 27. The guide said HD but it was still in streach o vision. I don't watch anything in streach o vision.

Jerry

20. pfueri

pfueri Godfather

Jan 22, 2007
    It looked like the worst streach o vision I have seen and the lip sync is wrong