1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Free 72 swap

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by usnret, Jul 1, 2013.

1. usnret

usnret Icon

Jan 16, 2009
    On my DTV acct web page it indicates that I should call regarding a dish swap to keep my local stations. Anyone have this done and if so what is it about? I'm in zip 43450, have a SWM 3 setup and get my locals OK. Maybe they are putting locals on a different sat???

2. coolman302003

coolman302003 2014 NBA CHAMPIONS!

Jun 2, 2008
    Southeast
  3. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
  4. usnret

usnret Icon

Jan 16, 2009
    Well, I just called and indicated that I am getting all my locals in HD and have been since 2009. The lady indicated that I still need a new dish and scheduled me for an install. I hate that the installer will have nothing to do when he gets here, but was afraid to say no.

5. Jacob Braun

Jacob Braun King of Awesome

Oct 5, 2011
    Tulsa, OK
    Just go online and cancel the install. It's not needed.

6. usnret

usnret Icon

Jan 16, 2009
    Tks JBv. Just went online and all that I could do was reschedule the appt so I sent D an email. I don't want the person to come out
    and find that the install was not needed and lose money. Would think that D should know that I got the upgrade 2 yrs ago.

7. HoTat2

HoTat2 Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2005
    Los...
    Man,... won't a DIRECTV technician be scratching his head when he sees a WO for a 72.5 swap nowadays? :biggrin:

The service from there has been completely turned off and former satellite used there, D1R, has long vacated the slot and living out the last of its life in the Russian Satellite Service at an east longitude location. And the freed up spectrum there has been transferred over to Dish.

8. Jodean

Jodean Icon

Jul 17, 2010
    this has been on going for 4 or more years, directv system is messed up

My brand new customers 3 or more years ago were getting flyers saying they needed to upgrade or they will lose their locals, at the time i was insatlling swm 3 and HR24 receivers

They must have wasted thousands of dollars calling and sending out techs and flyers for all these years and all someone had to do was push a button to make it all stop. Total waste of money