1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Free Choice Extra?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by linuspbmo, Aug 29, 2011.

1. linuspbmo

linuspbmo AllStar

Oct 2, 2009
    Has anyone else noticed they are getting Choice Extra? I have an older Total Choice package and I am getting DIY and Green Channels along with others that are not normally in my plan. I know it's not Choice Ultimate since I'm not getting any Encore channels. I hadn't heard of D* having a free week. Anyone else?

2. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    Looks like a free preview through the 5th.

3. linuspbmo

linuspbmo AllStar

Oct 2, 2009
    I see now, I just got a e-mail from D* tips and tricks newsletter showing the free preview for Choice xtra from today until Sept 5th.

Thanks

4. ticmxman

ticmxman Legend

Aug 27, 2007
    I also have the old no longer available Total Choice package. From what I recall the Choice Extra package doesn't have SportsSouth that carries a lot of Braves games. Is there an easy way to compare the Total Choice package to the current packages? There is no going back to Total Choice if I try a new package.

5. superfula

superfula New Member

Sep 1, 2007
    We received the little in-guide mail notification for the free preview but none of the channels are working for us. Well, aside from the NFL Network. That isn't part of our Select Classic package, so I don't know what is going on.

6. ronsanjim

ronsanjim Godfather

Mar 18, 2008
    Cherokee...
    Select clients won't receive this "Free Preview". Only for Choice or above.