1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

free concerts

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by Kali05, May 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kali05

Kali05 AllStar

May 20, 2005
    will dishnetwork ever have free concerts like direct tv has? :) would like to wacth them sometimes

2. FTA Michael

FTA Michael Hall Of Fame

Jul 21, 2002
    Only when they sing on the Charlie Chat.

3. Paul Secic

Paul Secic Hall Of Fame

Dec 16, 2003
    You're kidding right?

4. Bill R

Bill R Hall Of Fame

Dec 20, 2002
    I have not see a free "concert" on DirecTV in the last few years that I thought was worth watching. Most of them are just promotions for "artists" (mostly has-beens) for their latest not-worth-buying CD or DVD.

5. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    E*'s programmers offer "free" concerts every day.

Check out Arts (9406), HDNet (9422), Rave (9470), and others. Also, the PBS's frequently carry non-commercial concert programming. It's there, you just have to be aware.

6. Jason Nipp

Jason Nipp Analog Geek in a Digital World Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Gold Club DBSTalk Club

Jun 10, 2004
    Northern...
    What Nick said.

I am really enjoying the Soundstage concerts on Rave. I did not think I would watch Rave very much when I signed up for the package, but now I am realizing that Rave is what is justifying the extra $5 for me.

In the last few days my favorite concerts where 2 hours of Fleetwood Mac and 3 hours of the Glastonbury Festival 2004. Awesome events. And unlike whatever has been your watching on D*, I got to view these in full HDTV and DD5.1 Surround. As a previous D*/USSB sub, I don't know of any full time HD concert channels on D*.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.