1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Free HD with bundle service.

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by pandafish, Mar 2, 2013.

1. pandafish

pandafish Cool Member

Apr 20, 2012
    Idaho Falls, ID
    I signed up with Directv in August of 2010 and had auto-pay and paperless billing to get the free hd for life. The very next month I combines billing with Qwest (now Centurylink). I have had the free hd since. However, I received an email stating I would no longer have it since I don't have auto-pay which isn't an option for me since I pay Centurylink. I called D* and the rep stated he submitted an escalation ticket for me to keep it. I just wanted to give a heads up to anyone else that may be in this situation.

2. Davenlr

Davenlr Geek til I die

Sep 16, 2006
    If you are paying the phone company, Directv is getting auto bill paid by them I would think.

3. pandafish

pandafish Cool Member

Apr 20, 2012
    Idaho Falls, ID
    Yes that is how it has worked for over 2 years. It is strange that it is now seeming to be a problem.

4. jeffgbailey

jeffgbailey Legend

Feb 28, 2008
    if you are billed through the Telco then you are on auto pay. I did the same thing and D* acknowledged it as auto pay

5. usnret

usnret Icon

Jan 16, 2009
    When I was with the Verizon triple plan, DTV accepted the fact that they were getting my payment from V as "auto pay".