1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Free MLB Extra Innings this week, BUT...

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by mystic7, Jul 19, 2013.

1. mystic7

mystic7 Icon

Dec 9, 2007
    Every time Directv gives us MLB Extra Innings free preview, I always seem to have to call them because I'm still getting the 721 message telling me I'm not subscribed.

Is anybody getting Channel 720 MLB Mix yet?

2. sigma1914

sigma1914 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    Ever try reauthorization of your boxes? www.directv.com/resend

3. mystic7

mystic7 Icon

Dec 9, 2007
    No. Actually I'm on with a CSR right now and she's absolutely adorable so I'll just follow through with her and if she can't help I'll try resend. btw, directv reps, her name is Marty and she deserves a raise.

4. jle1639

jle1639 New Member

Apr 15, 2013
    dothan al
    same here.

5. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    try post #2?

6. JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon Hall Of Fame

Jul 21, 2008
    mix not working and blue jays HD feed all messed up

7. mystic7

mystic7 Icon

Dec 9, 2007
    The CSR told me that it would come on at 7 p.m. Well, I'm getting the YES Network now, but still error code 721 on MLB Mix. This happens every time they give a free preview of MLB EI. Since I've got family watching two other tv's I can't reset right now (with Genie all of the clients go down until the reset is done). I really don't feel like getting on with Directv again.

8. Old_School

Old_School Legend

Nov 28, 2011
    PA
    I dont have the mix channel as well (after trying post#2) but, i have all the single games that are not blacked out for my area.

9. the future is now

the future is now AllStar

Jun 9, 2010
    i actually have missed baseball.

it's a lost season, just so hard to repeat in baseball, the pichers just can't recover. my Giants are not going to make it but really can't complain.

10. mystic7

mystic7 Icon

Dec 9, 2007
    Well, this morning it's still not on. I reset my receiver, still no luck. I had reauthorized yesterday which also didn't work. What is the problem, Directv? With all of your other free previews there's never a glitch, but every time you offer MLB EI there's this problem with the MLB Mix Channel. I've only checked Yes Network and get that, I'm sure like Old_School I'm getting the other channels. I'll try calling again but we really shouldn't have to! If they come up with a solution I'll post here.

11. mystic7

mystic7 Icon

Dec 9, 2007
    ok, just got off the phone with Mike. No solution yet, but Mike said he would post updates here. Weird, huh?

Amazingly, (and it's not Mike's fault), but Directv acted like they had no idea they were giving a free preview this week. (The banner advertising it in the guide is no longer there!) But Mike, after some digging, found some literature advertising it. I know it's real because as I said, I got the Yankee game on YES Network, it's just the MLB Mix channel that's giving the 721 error.

After trying all possible solutions with no luck, it was kicked upstairs to Escalation, and Directv engineers are currently trying to figure out the problem. But if I hadn't called them about it, they had no idea.

I plan to parlay this into future discounts! ;)

12. mystic7

mystic7 Icon

Dec 9, 2007
    Still not on as of 1:30 p.m. edt

13. TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol Hall Of Fame

Oct 1, 2003
    Phoenix, AZ
    It looks like they're getting and using every available feed, including local channels, CSN-Philly and CSN-Houston.

14. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    Hey! We're undefeated since the All-star break.....

15. JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon Hall Of Fame

Jul 21, 2008
    will they use rogers sports net one HD as well?

16. mystic7

mystic7 Icon

Dec 9, 2007
    You know, Directv, you really blew it with this MLB EI free preview. Still no MLB Mix channel three days into it. You should really consider extending the preview. It's been worthless up until now.

17. sigma1914

sigma1914 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    Worthless because no Mix? Disregard every game available and complian about no Mix?

18. KyL416

KyL416 Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Nov 10, 2005
    Tobyhanna, PA
    There are no Blue Jays games on SportsNet One until August 7 and the Extra Innings schedule doesn't go out that far.

19. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    WOW..... speechless

You are not even paying for the preview but yet complain.....

20. mystic7

mystic7 Icon

Dec 9, 2007
    You think you're speechless? This forum delete my response to you. Now THAT's speechless.