1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Free Preview?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by fx72, Dec 14, 2011.

Tags:
  1. fx72

fx72 Cool Member

Dec 31, 2003
    Is there a free preview of HBO, Cinemax, Starz, Showtime, Sports Pack this weekend, 12/16-19? I've looked around here and the DirecTV site and have not found any info on this.

2. rb5505

rb5505 Legend

Dec 23, 2004
    http://www.freepreview.tv/hbo/directv-free-preview-of-hbo-cinemax-starz-showtime-sports-pack.html

oddly, since we have the select choice pkg i wrote directv about what channels we would get as part of this free preview. normally in the past we don't get all of the channels listed in the free previews due to having the lesser select choice pkg, but we would get the majority of them. this time their reply........one holiday music channel! not sure if they're just wrong or if things have changed for those with this pkg when it comes to free previews or their simply isn't a free preview.

3. KNPKH2ster

KNPKH2ster Mentor

Apr 3, 2010
    That's so cool that there will be a free preview of all the premium channels this weekend. Looks like D* is saying Merry Christmas

4. WestDC

WestDC DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Feb 9, 2008
    Your DATE book-- GAME LOUNGE is free 12/23 & 12/24

5. PrinceLH

PrinceLH New Member

Feb 18, 2003
    Anything free, is good for me!

6. charlie460

charlie460 Godfather

Sep 12, 2009
    Damn, wish it started today so I could catch the 24/7 premiere on HBO.

This is awesome though, nice christmas gift, thanks D* :p

7. Fluthy

Fluthy Legend

Feb 8, 2008
    I have not see anything from DirecTV on this, just the Game Lounge. Is this accurate that the Premiere package will be free preview this weekend?

8. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    Too bad HBO never repeats any of their shows either. :lol:

9. charlie460

charlie460 Godfather

Sep 12, 2009
    I know, I just want to watch it live. Consider me spoiled.

10. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    I checked the scheduled. Between HBO E & W, it looks like the 24/7 show will be on four times on Friday. I didn't even look at Sat or Sun. And last year, the first episode was available online at NHL.com and iTunes.

11. bnwrx

bnwrx Icon

Dec 29, 2007
    colorado,...
    FWIW....Looked at link. The channel numbers in that list were changed a long time ago(over a year maybe even 2 years ago). :confused:

12. puckhead

puckhead Legend

Sep 21, 2007
    Does anyone have a better source to confirm this freeview? I'll need to clear some room on the DVR!!

TIA

13. rb5505

rb5505 Legend

Dec 23, 2004
    this from the links administrator....
    Admin Says:
    December 15th, 2011 at 9:12 am
    Hey everyone – I got this information from a reader tip. 99.9% of the time the reader tips turn out to be accurate. I do rely on reader tips often because as we know, the providers aren’t great about giving us this information. I personally have Dish so I do not get the mailers for DirecTV or the other providers. Since all of you haven’t seen any official word on this I’m guessing that this free preview isn’t going to happen. DirecTV has offered this free preview in the past but it’s usually in the summer when it happens. Sorry for the possibly false information, sometimes I do get it wrong.

14. yosoyellobo

yosoyellobo Icon

Nov 1, 2006
    Jacksonville Fl
    Looking forward to The Adjustment Bureau Friday at 12:30p.

15. RACJ2

RACJ2 Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    Not sure this is going to happen, since they have now posted this on the free preview site:

16. Church AV Guy

Church AV Guy Godfather

Jul 9, 2007
    [off topic] I too was looking forward to "The Adjustment Bureau" but I was quite disappointed with it.[/off topic]

I have frequently noticed crawl messages with subscription instructions all during Free Preview periods. They really kill the whole experience for me. I hate all the clutter on my screen already, and I pay for premium channels to avoid it. It really irritates me when I get a crawl message across the screen on a channel I have paid for just because it's their freeview time.:mad::(

17. islesfan

islesfan Hall Of Fame

Oct 18, 2006
    Nevada
    Yeah, we got like 3 months of Game Lounge for our aniversary from DirecTV, but it doesn't work on an HR20, so not much use.

18. islesfan

islesfan Hall Of Fame

Oct 18, 2006
    Nevada
    What's not to like about Adjustment Bureau? That was one of the best movies of the year!

19. PrinceLH

PrinceLH New Member

Feb 18, 2003
    That's the point. This year has been horrendous for new movies. Just about everything that I've seen is forgettable. I can't think of any new movies, that I've seen this year, that I would plop down a $20.00 bill to add to my Blu Ray collection.

20. Church AV Guy

Church AV Guy Godfather

Jul 9, 2007
    In my opinion, it was a VERY interesting concept that was almost totally squandered on a hopelessly maudlin and completely predictable love story. They could have done so much more with it!