1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Free Preview's not in HD?

Discussion in 'DISH™ High Definition Discussion' started by Conway, Jul 14, 2016.

1. Conway

Conway Legend

Oct 29, 2002
    I recently went to the flex pack and the dish movie pack.. My sony movie channel has no HD version.. Also I see the HBO free preview is on.. no HD for that either. is this new dish policy? I have the hopper 3 Thanks

2. explicator

explicator New Member

Jul 14, 2016
    I am trying to get answers from Dish, but they pretend to know nothing. Even worse than this new policy is I actually pay for HBO, so this is ridiculous. It started today with the free promotion on HBO, Cinemax, etc.

3. Conway

Conway Legend

Oct 29, 2002
    I still haven't gotten anywhere with this.. anyone have any luck?. still no HD

4. 4bama

4bama Godfather

Aug 6, 2006
    Strange,,,,I'm getting all those channels in HD on my 622, I'm on Eastern arc...comes in for me on sat at 72 degrees...SD channels also are on sat at 61.5 degrees...

5. Conway

Conway Legend

Oct 29, 2002
    DIRT are you out there and maybe you can help us with this? thanks

6. dennispap

dennispap Icon

Feb 1, 2007
    Did you try resetting the box? If that doesn't do it, you may need a rehit.

7. Conway

Conway Legend

Oct 29, 2002
    yeah i had dish do it.. my hd channels came back but i'm not getting HD for the HBO freeview and all the free preview channels.. example Sony Movie Channel.. only Sd and i have the dish movie pack

8. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    Do you know what satellites your receiver/dish is pointed at? You could be having a problem. Are you not seeing any HD channels? OR just these specific premium ones?

9. 4bama

4bama Godfather

Aug 6, 2006
    It may not be the problem, but does your programming package have this "HD for life" listed like this:

HD Free For Life (reg $10)

$

10. tampa8

tampa8 Godfather/Supporter

Mar 30, 2002
    I could be wrong but I suspect the the OP's failed to mention they have the new Flex package. It is a known issue with that package and DISH either has fixed it or is working on it.

11. Conway

Conway Legend

Oct 29, 2002
    I got it working. I just had them put me back on the welcome pack.. so all is good now.. thanks for the replies. I'll try the flex pack again later.