1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Free STARZ weekend issue

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by ThomasM, Nov 26, 2012.

1. ThomasM

ThomasM RF Engineer

Jul 20, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    I enjoyed the free STARZ weekend preview and recorded a few movies. To my surprise, several of the movies were recorded in TWO segments and were put in a FOLDER! I also noticed that several movies I watched "live" suddenly pixelated and dropped off and then resumed. I assume this is what happened causing the DVR to close the first segment and then resume.

1. Has anyone else experienced this?

2. Would any company in their right mind run a "preview" when the product wasn't working correctly?? It's like taking a test drive in a car that stalls at every stop light!!!

2. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    We recorded 10+ movies this past weekend and didn't have that problem at all.

3. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    Identifying the problem would be a better course of action rather than placing blame.

4. moghedien

moghedien Legend

Dec 3, 2007
    Which movies(and what times, channels) did you experience this problem? Also include whether you were recording the HD or SD version of the channel. At this point, we can't tell if the problem occurred with Directv's transmission or with your system. You might also look at your signal strengths...

5. fleckrj

fleckrj Icon

Sep 4, 2009
    Cary, NC
    I recorded 5 movies and did not have any problems.

6. ThomasM

ThomasM RF Engineer

Jul 20, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    I don't have HD so all recordings were in SD.

One movie was "The Net" with Sandra Bullock. I recorded it on 2 different DVR's and the same thing happened. I don't experience this issue on any of the other programs I record/watch and I record a LOT of programming.

Like I said, I also noticed the picture pixelate several times while watching STARZ and ENCORE channels but this also rarely, if ever, happens on any of the other channels I watch.

7. lwilli201

lwilli201 Hall Of Fame

Dec 22, 2006
    Missouri
    I recorded "The Green Hornet" on Starz HD 527 beginning at 11:15 PM CT on Nov 21. During playback there was a lot of pixelation in the middle of the recording.

8. ThomasM

ThomasM RF Engineer

Jul 20, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    What did the DVR do? Did it just leave the pixelation in the recording and keep going?