1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

FREEVIEW: Choice Xtra

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by Weather88, May 28, 2013.

1. Weather88

Weather88 New Member

Nov 14, 2012
    Halfmoon,...
    I just turned my TV to find that we have more channels than usual! It appears we have a freeview of the Choice Xtra package. I haven't seen it anywhere on here yet so I figured I'd post.

According to this site we have a Choice Xtra preview from May 27th until June 3rd.

Enjoy!!

2. F1aReD

F1aReD AllStar

Sep 27, 2011
    I also noticed that and was confused. How come they didn't send us a message like usual? (atleast, the last time I checked they didn't) Seeing all these extra channels makes me miss them that much more...especially since now most of them are in HD.

I was kind of hoping they messed up my account and accidentally gave me the extra channels :righton:

3. Weather88

Weather88 New Member

Nov 14, 2012
    Halfmoon,...
    I thought the same thing! I immediately looked for a message on the receiver or even an e-mail from them, but nothing, so I thought maybe somehow they messed up the account so then I look online at account management and it still showed Choice. Then I searched a little further and came across the website which lists all the freeviews. Slightly disappointed :p

4. acostapimps

acostapimps Hall Of Famer

Nov 5, 2011
    Illinois
    At least with the Freeview I got to see the Blackhawks played against the Red Wings in game 7 as I'm on Spanish package, plus the local RSN didn't show the game, does NBC have the rights to the playoffs?
    BTW that score shot near the end of regulation that was taken away was uncalled for, as we all know who started that scuffle. But I'll take a win no matter the outcome.

5. JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon Hall Of Fame

Jul 21, 2008
    all games should be on NBC or NBCSN + maybe NHL net for overflow.

6. ThomasM

ThomasM RF Engineer

Jul 20, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    Their annoying "TV Mail" system doesn't work very good. Like you said, offers and promotions you are eligible for often don't appear. I constantly get stupid messages on my R22 about HD promos even though I don't have HD!!

7. Jun 1, 2013 #7 of 14
    coolman302003

coolman302003 2014 NBA CHAMPIONS!

Jun 2, 2008
    Southeast
  8. Jun 4, 2013 #8 of 14
    CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    I believe I had messages on all 3 receivers a week or 2 ago informing of the free preview. I already subscribe to a higher package so it was not important to me.

9. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude

Aug 6, 2010
    I watched the preview,it was ok!!

This weekend ALL PAY CHANNELS are free!!! (501-558) I believe.......

10. trainman

trainman Hall Of Fame

Jan 9, 2008
    Sherman...
    Not Showtime, as far as I know -- only HBO/Cinemax (promoting the "True Blood" season premiere) and Starz/Encore (promoting the "Magic City" season premiere).

11. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude

Aug 6, 2010
    Ahhhhhh there is always an agenda isnt there?? (YES indeed)

12. cypherx

cypherx Hall Of Fame

Aug 27, 2010
    PA - Berks...
    Ah man I missed it. Well this is the last day I guess. Because they don't auto add (then remove) to favorites, I had no idea.

13. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    i had messages on all 3 of my dvrs letting me know of the preview, I would assume you did as well. And this is one of the drawbacks to using fav lists.

14. cypherx

cypherx Hall Of Fame

Aug 27, 2010
    PA - Berks...
    i had messages on all 3 of my dvrs letting me know of the preview, I would assume you did as well. And this is one of the drawbacks to using fav lists.

Me too, I didn't know I had any messages until I went to figure out while caller ID on screen notices were off. Fixed caller ID notices and saw the number of messages noted next to the icon. That's what prompted me to notice the preview. Came here to see if there was a thread about it, thus is history.

Wish there was a preference you could opt in to auto add new channels or previews to favorites. Then when the preview is over, it would go back to the way it was.