1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Freeview: HD Extra Pack (now thru 5-22-13)

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by the future is now, May 16, 2013.

1. the future is now

the future is now AllStar

Jun 9, 2010
    Los Angeles
    just discovered that they have turned this on:

Crime & Investigation HD, Hallmark Movie Channel, HDNet Movies, MGM HD, Palladia HD, Sony Movie Channel HD, Smithsonian HD, Universal HD, and ShortsHD.

2. unixguru

unixguru Godfather

Jul 9, 2007
    Every time I see a free period for this I look to see if there is anything worth watching. For the most part, I never find anything. A few more channels that are playing ancient junk - what a thrill (NOT)! Sometimes I find something interesting on Smithsonian but never enough to warrant paying for this package (or even playing the games of getting it free perpetually). Given the number of free views, and apparent ease of getting it free just about any time, they should just get rid of the package and put the channels into the normal tiers.

3. the future is now

the future is now AllStar

Jun 9, 2010
    Los Angeles
    i agree with what you are saying. i have almost filled up my Genie but most of this stuff is throw away stuff.