1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Freezes on HD-Net

Discussion in 'Other HD Receiver Support Forum (811, 921, 942)' started by datwell, May 7, 2005.

1. datwell

datwell Mentor/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jan 26, 2005
    Jason: I was watching some boxing on HD-Net last night and there were a number of instances of the picture freezing. All of the other channels seemed ok, including Voom's RAVE. I am still on 284. Any ideas?

da Doug

2. BFG

BFG Hall Of Fame

Jan 23, 2004
  3. Jason Nipp

Jason Nipp Analog Geek in a Digital World Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Gold Club DBSTalk Club

Jun 10, 2004
    Northern...
    I concur with Bryan, The issue appears to be at the up-link.

4. Mike D-CO5

Mike D-CO5 Hall Of Fame

Mar 11, 2003
  5. Wallet Boy

Wallet Boy New Member

May 7, 2005
    Jeez, watching JFK on HDNet Movies just now was painful. In the 3 hour and 15 minute movie it probably happened 15 times. Picture completely freezes and audio drops out for 5 seconds. Then both picture and sound start back up again.

The last half hour was clean, however.

6. rickfromthesticks

rickfromthesticks AllStar

Sep 22, 2004
    My 811 has always done that. It does not seem to be related to any HD channel, it just freezes, pixelates and "goes nuts". I usually have to change channels then back and it's fine for a while. Latest episode was on Monster last Friday night. I asked if anyone else was having this problem months ago and it was, "No, only you."

Thanks for exonerating me.

Rick