1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

French Open Coverage

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by Carolina, May 29, 2012.

1. Carolina

Carolina AllStar

Jan 19, 2012
    What is wrong with the picture of the channels for the French Open? The mix channels are in HD and when you select the Match you want to see it is supposed to be in HD also, but it isn't :confused: At least it isn't in the early morning hours when I have had it on. The picture is so bad I don't even want to watch it so I turn it off and I don't know if it gets better later on or not?

2. fleckrj

fleckrj Icon

Sep 4, 2009
    Cary, NC
    I have not watched the French Open, but since all HD channels have SD duplicates, is it possible that when you tune to an individual match you are going to the SD channel instead of to the HD version?

3. z28lt1

z28lt1 Legend

Aug 28, 2007
    Was just going to write something similar. Mine definitely go to the HD version of the appropriate channel. I am hiding SD duplicates, so maybe that is the difference?

PS, I noticed that my channels have "HD in them. For example, from the mix, selecting a channel sends me to a channel named "FOPHD", and my mix channel is "FOPXHD". Carolina, what are your channel labels in the banner?

4. charlie460

charlie460 Godfather

Sep 12, 2009
    Works for me. Everything is in HD.

5. mws192

mws192 Godfather

Jun 17, 2010
    The non-main network feeds are very soft. I can flip from 702 to 703 (HD) when the same match is on and see a noticeable difference in clarity.

6. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    At precisely 11:47:17 AM PDT on Tuesday, May 29, 2012 I am viewing the only match going, Williams-Razzano. My observations:

703 is horribly soft, though the specs say it's 720p.
    702 is good, reasonable HD- it's also the Tennis Channel, 217.

I love that the mix channel is now HD!

7. charlie460

charlie460 Godfather

Sep 12, 2009
    agreed though, yes, it is very soft.

8. Carolina

Carolina AllStar

Jan 19, 2012
    My SD is hidden also, but those pictures on all the channels except the mix channel itself all look like SD to me! And they all say in the channel title they are HD, but they clearly are not :( I'm really disappointed normally D* does sports so well, but this French Open coverage is clearly not like D* at all!

9. Carolina

Carolina AllStar

Jan 19, 2012
    Oh please have a better picture from Wimbledon! The French Open was just awful. I have never seen D* mess up on a sports event so badly until the FO!