1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Friday Night Lights:"Expectations": OAD 10/27/10

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by jodyguercio, Oct 28, 2010.

1. jodyguercio

jodyguercio Active Member

Aug 16, 2007
    The fourth quarter has begun folks. One quote that always sums things up perfectly from Coach Taylor that fits well here:

"Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose."

2. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Yup .. Good show again. Ready for the last 12 episodes.

3. Maruuk

Maruuk Hall Of Fame

Dec 4, 2007
    Got it on my DVR to watch tonight. Is Riggins back from prison yet? I'm still catching up on eps from previous seasons. In another FNL dimension (watching on Netflix) Landry and his dad just torched his station wagon. So it's going to be so weird jumping into the "future" tonight.

4. Nov 2, 2010 #4 of 10
    Maruuk

Maruuk Hall Of Fame

Dec 4, 2007
    Wow, big disappointment. This show had nothing going on. Hope they get back in gear quick. Worst season premiere...ever.

5. Nov 3, 2010 #5 of 10
    jodyguercio

Aug 16, 2007
    Really? I thought it set up the season perfectly. But hey, to each their own.

6. Nov 3, 2010 #6 of 10
    Supramom2000

Supramom2000 In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

Jun 20, 2007
    Colbert, WA
    I agree. They set it up to move forward through the season. Since there were no cliff hangers last season, there was nothing huge to resolve. I am a bit surprised by Becky moving into the Riggins' home. Tim's brother and his brother's girlfriend (now wife), always seemed to be filler characters. They were used to promote other characters' storylines. Now it seems that the brother is getting his own, and we will also see more of the wife.

7. Nov 3, 2010 #7 of 10
    Steve

Steve Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2006
    Lower...
    I kind of agree with you both. It was a good transition episode, IMHO. It reminded me where we "left off" with the key characters, and set-up the new season nicely. But to Maruuk's point, it wasn't as "gripping" as most past episodes. On a scale of "1-10", I'd rate it a "7". Hopefully we'll get at least a "9" tonite. :)

8. Nov 4, 2010 #8 of 10
    Maruuk

Maruuk Hall Of Fame

Dec 4, 2007
    I appreciate they needed to transition characters and create the new world for the season, but I found all the scenes with Landry and Julie flat and pointless. The new basketball-playing/hippie football guy was totally boring as a character. Tim just languishes going nowhere. Becky who I love just got frustrated and lost. Hell, she can stay at my place ANYTIME!

Anyways, my fear is they're not replacing these awesome characters who are getting moved offstage with anybody compelling. And there's no compelling relationships anymore.

Have tonight's show on DVR. Man, it HAS to get better this week!

9. Nov 4, 2010 #9 of 10
    jodyguercio

Aug 16, 2007
    Where was Tim supposed to go? He's in jail, what can the writers do with that?

It does and I'll post on that in a second.

10. Maruuk

Maruuk Hall Of Fame

Dec 4, 2007
    Being a writer, I can tell you it's easy. Tim could get out at the start of the season. Tim could get into some nasty biz in prison that will linger once he gets out. He could get visited by Becky in a complex and powerful scene. The writers just phoned it in last week.