1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Friday Night Lights not recording problem?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by Michael D'Angelo, Dec 10, 2008.

1. Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo Lifetime Achiever

Oct 20, 2006
    Did anyone else have a problem with Friday Night Lights not recording last week and not set to record tonight?

I didn't even realize there was a new episode last week because it was not showing in the "to do list". I did see a commercial saying a new episode tonight but it is not showing my my "to do list" on two different DVR's and I am not sure why.

Well I decided to check On Demand and realized there was a new episode last week so I am downloading it now.

You may want to check and make sure yours is set to record if you have a series link set for it.

2. rockymountaind

rockymountaind Cool Member

Jul 15, 2008
    Thanks for the heads up! I thought they just took a break last week.

3. Michael D'Angelo

Oct 20, 2006
    So did I. I just deleted the series link and reset it up and now it looks like it is finding the new episodes.

4. oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw HarpoonIPA

Jan 25, 2007
    Halifax, MA
    I had to manually record it because series link did not recognize it as a new episode.

Series link still not working had to manually record tonight and next weeks episodes, here is the remaining schedule according to http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0758745/episodes

Season 3, Episode 10:
    Original Air Date—10 December 2008

Season 3, Episode 11:
    Original Air Date—17 December 2008

Season 3, Episode 12:
    Original Air Date—7 January 2009

Season 3, Episode 13:
    Original Air Date—14 January 2009

5. Michael D'Angelo

Oct 20, 2006
    Thanks oldschoolecw. As I posted above I deleted the series link a few minutes ago and reset it up and it looks like it may have fixed the problem so you may want to try that.

6. cdizzy

cdizzy Icon

Jul 29, 2007
    Wow, I missed it too. Even after deleting the series link and adding it back I noticed it isn't in the to do list.

Added it upstairs to the HR21 and it set up fine. I am also downloading last weeks episode.

7. iceturkee

iceturkee DINFOS Trained Killer DBSTalk Club

Apr 1, 2007
    daytona...
    i'm having problems too. but i recorded last weeks episode by simply going to the 101 in the guide and clicking record. same for this week too!

8. oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw HarpoonIPA

Jan 25, 2007
    Halifax, MA
    I just did it, and it now works :new_popco
    Thanks

9. sdicomp

sdicomp Godfather

Sep 12, 2006
    Mine didn't record either!

Anyone know if and when an encore of last week's episode will air?

10. ICM2000

ICM2000 Legend

Sep 14, 2006
    I have had to redo series links and Friday Night Lights is the most recent. Have kept the whole series because various family members want to see episodes missed or they do not receive. The HR20 starts a new folder with the same title. Have no idea why this happens but if your favorite series disappears from the "To do list" it never hurts to do a title search and redo the link.

11. ajc68

ajc68 Icon

Jan 23, 2008
    Ditto... Mine didn't record either

12. ICM2000

ICM2000 Legend

Sep 14, 2006
    On Demand FNL #3009

13. apferrando

apferrando Cool Member

Oct 20, 2008
    They did skip the week of Thanksgiving... mine wasn't set to record last Wednesday, I did reset the To Do for New Episodes.... it recorded last week fine. I'll have to check tonight's. As for encores of last week, why not just get it off of DOD? They're all there in HD. Takes me about 20 minutes for an episode of FNL.

14. srasp

srasp Cool Member

Jan 27, 2006
    My question is why does this happen. I have seen this before. I have to constantly check. It is not like it is on a different channel.

15. EricRobins

EricRobins Godfather

Feb 9, 2005
    Mine has missed the past few recordings too. But this should not be a big deal to HR2X users who are networked.

I just get it from DoD. That frees up a tuner and I can download, watch and delete all when I am ready so the show does not lock up recording space.

I wish everything were On Demand.

16. webby_s

webby_s Hall Of Fame

Jan 11, 2008
    Also had this issue for last weeks, was there a new episode the week before because it missed that too. Made me wonder to. Made my wife a little bummed but I guess there is alwasys DoD huh?

17. oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw HarpoonIPA

Jan 25, 2007
    Halifax, MA
    There was no new episode Thanksgiving week

18. videojanitor

videojanitor DBSTalk Club Member

Oct 8, 2006
    Add me to the list. When I went into the Prioritizer, the show was listed, but the number of upcoming episodes said (0). I set another Series Link, and then I ended with TWO of them in the Prioritizer -- the original that says (0), and new one that says (2). Very weird.

Didn't know until reading here that these were available on VOD, so I pulled down the one from the last week and all is well. That's a cool feature.

19. Ken S

Ken S RIP

Feb 12, 2007
    I missed last week's as well, but I think I figured out part of the issue.

I now have two SLs for Friday Night Lights. The old one showing (0) the new one showing (2).

When I click on the old one I get a show description from the 10/1/2008 show. When I click on Episodes I get...

"In Prudhoe Bay, the crew achieves their last goal: to walk on the forzen Arctic Ocean. After 41,000 miles, 15-months and 400 days on the road --the team arrives to a warm...

Obviously, DirecTV screwed up their own guide data (yet again) and probably blew out every Friday Night Lights SL on their HR series.

20. thestaton

thestaton Legend

Aug 14, 2008
    woah. thanks for the heads up I was pretty pissed that last weeks failed to record.