1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

From where do Houston's OTA signals originate?

Discussion in 'Local Reception' started by Lord Vader, Aug 25, 2012.

1. Lord Vader

Lord Vader Supreme Member

Sep 20, 2004
    Galactic Empire
    I searched around here but couldn't find this information...

My 2nd abode is located on the far NW side of Houston, and I was wondering where Houston's OTA channels originate. Wondering if my OTA antenna that I used at my other home would get the signals here where I'm located.

2. jacksonm30354

jacksonm30354 Icon

Mar 29, 2007
    Atlanta
    You can use antennaweb.org . If you put in your address it will show you the direction and distance to the towers.

3. Lord Vader

Sep 20, 2004
    Galactic Empire
    Ah, that's right. I remember that website now. I should've thought of that in the first place. Thanks.

4. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    Mediterranea...
  5. Lord Vader

Sep 20, 2004
    Galactic Empire
    Thanks

6. Lord Vader

Sep 20, 2004
    Galactic Empire
    Figures I'm about 24 miles away from where the signals originate. I don't think my current inside OTA antenna will be strong enough to pull a consistently good signal.