1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Frustrated about E* policy "Dish it Up"

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by tabort, Feb 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tabort

tabort New Member

Jan 20, 2006
    I became a Dish Network customer a few months ago because they had the most HD channels available (Former Voom customer). I have 3 HD TV's in my house hooked to a 942 and (2) 811's.

I called Dish to "Dish it up" so that I could receive all of the new HD channels available with the new MPeg4 technology. They would not allow me to upgrade but one of my receivers, said Dishes policy is that no can lease more than 4 tuners. I wanted to be able to upgrade so that I could record HD in 2 different rooms. They said that I would have to buy the 622 at $798.

It doesn't make sense to me that with 3 HD tv, I am not able to have all HD channels on all 3 tv without paying an absorbant price. That is why I became a Dish Network customer. They told me that I was very unusual for wanting 3 tv's in my house to receive a HD signal, but that most customers only had 1 HD Because the 942 and 622 have 2 tuners each that is all that one household can lease from them.

With cable offering no cost HD DVR's this does not make sense. Since the 2nd output on 942 ans 622 is SD signal I am not interested in that signal. Directv is soon to offer its HD DVR Mpeg 4 receiver, I will be watching their offer very closely and comparing.

Am, I the only one out there with this frustration, if not let me know so I won't feel alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:nono2:

2. boba

boba Hall Of Fame

May 23, 2003
    If cable is available with dual tuner HDDVR for $10/Mo. you better grab it Directv is talking $499 to lease their HDDVR with a limit on their receivers, starting 3/1/06.

3. Mikey

Mikey Hall Of Fame

Oct 26, 2004
    You're not alone, and it's worse than what you described. You can't upgrade more than one receiver per year with Dishn' it Up, so you'll still have only one TV getting all the HD channels until next year, when you'll be able to upgrade again. Then, you'll have two.

4. dpd146

dpd146 Godfather

Oct 1, 2005
    Any time there is a corny slogan associated with a promotion it's guaranteed to have its problems.

Take for example the new "Cheesy Bites" from Pizza Hut, I said that sounds cool. Ordered it up 2 weeks ago and I haven't been to can since!! I've probably said too much. Just wanted to let you know I feel your pain. I currently have 2 HDTV's and adding a 3rd soon.

;)

5. BobaBird

BobaBird EKB Editor

Mar 30, 2002
    And you still wind up feeling soaked!

6. ClaudeR

ClaudeR Godfather

Dec 6, 2003
    Are you talking about corny slogans like "the other guys make you PAY for DVR" or "don't feed the cable pig" or snake references, etc.

7. Mar 1, 2006 #7 of 12
    Fifty Caliber

Fifty Caliber Banned User

Jan 4, 2006
    Did someone say that they didn't like DVR fees on this thread?

8. Mar 1, 2006 #8 of 12
    denness544

denness544 Mentor

Jan 14, 2006
    I don't know if I got lucky or something but I was able to upgrade both of my 811s for 2 211s for only $50.

9. Mar 1, 2006 #9 of 12
    steelhorse

steelhorse Legend

Apr 27, 2004
    What cable company is offering a hd dvr?

10. boba

boba Hall Of Fame

May 23, 2003
    Comcast and Time Warner I believe both offer in some of their territories.

11. Chris Freeland

Chris Freeland Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    With Comcast here, if you get a DVR it is HD, weather you need HD or not, they do not even offer an SD DVR here.

12. psnarula

psnarula Godfather

Aug 12, 2005
    so let me get this straight. you're sitting at home with not one or two, but *three* high definition televisions and then you come on here complaining about how dish wants you to buy a second 622? the policy makes sense to me and it fits the needs of people who "only" have two HDTVs. if you want a second 622, pay up (this didn't seem to be a problem when you bought your three HDTVs...) I guess I'm the only one here who doesn't feel sorry for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.