1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fsn Rm Hd

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by Smuuth, May 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smuuth

Smuuth Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2005
    I understand that FSN Rocky Mountain only broadcasts part time in HD.

My question is why when they do have a broadcast in HD (usually on channel 97) do I have to reboot my HR20 to get it to show up? Should not the receiver automatically get the aurthorization, since it is part of my regional sports network? All I see when I tune to channel 97 is a white screen until I do a restart recorder. :confused:

2. FenixTX

FenixTX Godfather

Nov 11, 2005
    You shouldn't have to do a reset. The channel should automatically "come on" if you are allowed to view the channel. The next time that happens, go to directv.com and log into your account and have them resend a signal to your receiver to see if that works without reseting the receiver.

3. Smuuth

Smuuth Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2005
    Already tried that, that was the first thing I thought of. Still required a reboot on both HR20s. :(

4. Knepster

Knepster Legend

May 31, 2006
    That's odd. Comes in just fine on my HR20 with no need to restart or anything else. I'm not sure what could be causing that.

5. Smuuth

Smuuth Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2005
    Anyone know when the next HD game is scheduled on FSN RM? I know it will not do any good to call CS about this until it is actually on, and I can tell them what I am having to do. Of course, it may not do any good then either.

6. Knepster

Knepster Legend

May 31, 2006
    The next HD game is tomorrow night, Giants at Rockies.

7. GlennDio

GlennDio Icon

Jan 19, 2007
    Castle...
    Make sure yoour active channel list (or better yet use all channels) has Channel 97 in it .... shouldn't be the problem but what the heck worth the try ...

8. Castlebill

Castlebill Legend

Jul 25, 2006
    I also get it with no problem.

9. Smuuth

Smuuth Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2005
    Had to reset both HR20s again tonight in order to receive the game in HD on channel 97 :(

Called CS - they have no clue - It took me 10 minutes to even convince him I was supposed to receive channel 97 - He kept saying the RSN for me is on channel 645 - I finally got him to admit to the possibility of HD.

CS did agree to schedule a tech service call for Monday morning, though I am not sure what he will be able to tell if there is no broadcast on channel 97 at that time - and there won't be. :confused:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.