1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

FTA for Soldier in Afghanistan

Discussion in 'FTA / Non Small Dish Satellite Area' started by chuckyHDDTV, Aug 26, 2010.

1. chuckyHDDTV

chuckyHDDTV AllStar

Aug 30, 2007
    Hello everyone.

I'm currently deployed to Afghanistan and miss my Directv. :(. Looking to see if you guys have any suggestions for getting FTA in Afghanistan, prefer US channels but anything in english will do. I could get AFN but the signal is very unreliable. I welcome any suggestions anybody might have.

Chuck

2. BattleZone

BattleZone Hall Of Fame

Nov 13, 2007
    I'd start with http://www.lyngsat.com/ on the Asia pages and check out what programming is available. Be sure to drill down to the various transponders to see if they have a footprint map available, as many satellites won't be aimed at where you are. Wouldn't want to spend a bunch of time and money trying to pick up sats that aren't aimed at you...

3. kenglish

kenglish Icon

Oct 2, 2004
    Salt Lake...
    Also, you can get Armed Forces network programming on C-Band (big dish), using a receiver from most post exchanges.

4. ClearSKY

ClearSKY New Member

Aug 28, 2010
    First of all thank you for your service, we appreciate it very much back home and we all hope you come back safe. If you need any hardware visit my site http://www.ClearSkyFTA.com I'll make sure it is shipped to you free and i'll make sure there is an added discount for you.