1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Funny Phone Call 2

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by sacalait, Aug 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sacalait

sacalait Godfather

Aug 6, 2007
    West Palm...
    Last week I posted about the phone call I received which was a pre-recorded msg. talking about the new exciting features coming to D-Tivo after the first of the year Well when I got home yesterday, there it was. The pre-recorded msg. with the Are you ready for HD. It was the usual D* speak mentioning 5LNB dish, BBC converters, etc. But of course, listening to it just adds fuel to the fire of heightening the anticipation we all have.

And oh by the way, it DID NOT give a start date, much to my chagrin.

2. DFDureiko

DFDureiko Godfather

Feb 20, 2006
    I got the call yesterday too. I actually called D to ask and was told "sometime this fall"
    talk about vague......either they don't tell the CSR's anything, or they are afraid to promise a date and then not do it.
    Dan

3. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    I got the call last night. Generally Mrs. Shadow doesn't like when computers call us but in this case their computer was talking to our machine and when you think about it, that's kinda funny.

4. MikeR

MikeR Hall Of Fame

Oct 5, 2006
    :D I was thinking the same thing last night as I listened to the message, of course I waited 'til the end to hang up -

just in case I had been offered the HR-21P. But alas, no dice.:blush:

5. SParker

SParker Active Member

Apr 27, 2002
    I hit option 1 to say I was ready...

6. dorfmunder

dorfmunder Pick 'em off, Yadi!

Mar 22, 2007
    Oh now if that wasn't a bit weird, was reading this thread when the call came in. :eek2: I think I heard the machine voice whisper "I'm watching yoooouuuu!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.