1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Galaxy S3 - Full bypass of lock screen - worse tha Apple's

Discussion in 'Tech Talk - Gadgets, Gizmos and Technology' started by dpeters11, Mar 7, 2013.

1. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
  2. BubblePuppy

BubblePuppy Good night dear Smoke... love you & "got your butt

Nov 3, 2006
    From the same article:
    Certainly not a sky is falling issue.

3. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    I'm sure once you get it down, it gets easier.

I'm not saying it's a sky is falling issue, and I'm sure Samsung will fix it since they are fixing the more minor Galaxy Tab issue. But still think it's worth people knowing about. But then I'm not a fan of Android or iOS generally speaking, though I do have an iPad.

4. redsoxfan26

redsoxfan26 Godfather

Dec 6, 2007
    West...
  5. Chris Blount

Chris Blount Creator of DBSTalk Staff Member Administrator DBSTalk Gold Club

Jun 22, 2001
    Don't lose your phone = 100% security. :)

6. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    Tell that to some of my users. Of course one lost his for two days, was on his desk. Battery had run down so the normal ways of finding didn't work.

My beef with these, along with Apple, is why is securing the lock screen so difficult?

Along with that, what kind of person actually figures out some of these convoluted methods?