1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Game Lounge All Access Won't Work

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Lord Vader, Oct 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Vader

Lord Vader Supreme Member

Sep 20, 2004
    Galactic Empire
    Well, this didn't make the nieces and nephew happy today...

Whenever I attempt to play games on the game lounge, I am restricted to Free Trials only. It asks me to order the all access monthly pass at $5.99/mo. However, I'm already subscribed to that and have been paying that every month. I was on the phone tonight with the game lounge tech support for an hour or so; they couldn't fix it at all.

I figured for the hell of it, I'd go ahead and "order" the monthly access via the receiver to see if that could somehow kick start it, but when I attempt to do so, two things happen:

1. I get "Could not connect" error code GL6 several times.

2. Then, when trying for the umpteenth time, I get this message:

Well, if that's the case, why am I STILL being restricted to Free Trials only? I am unable to play games, even for fun. What irks me even more is that DirecTV has NO idea what's wrong or how to fix it.
    :mad:

2. Lord Vader

Sep 20, 2004
    Galactic Empire
    FYI, I've got three HR20-700s, all with the latest CE version 01B9. Two of my three units are fine w/ Game Lounge. One, however, just won't work with it, so rolling back to the national release doesn't seem to be the answer.

3. dmurphy

dmurphy Active Member

Sep 28, 2006
    Off-topic, but the geek inside of me loves seeing this.

That's an OpenVMS-formatted error message. I love that. :) Viva la OpenVMS!

4. Lord Vader

Sep 20, 2004
    Galactic Empire
    Well, after another hour-long phone call today with the "access card department," they can't figure it out either, so they're ordering a new card for this specific receiver, but they're doing it as a "fictitious box" card to allow them to manipulate it when I get the card in. They tried to deactivate this specific card to see if reactivating it would work, but they got the following in their system when trying to do this: "serious error." Both the CSR and her supervisor said they've never seen that happen in all the years they've been with DirecTV.

Great. I'm an anamoly! :rolleyes:

5. Lord Vader

Sep 20, 2004
    Galactic Empire
    What kind of irritates me is that I have never received any replies or feedback from the Game Lounge people when Emailing them with issues. Never.

6. RhinoGL

RhinoGL Mentor

Apr 14, 2007
  7. Lord Vader

Sep 20, 2004
    Galactic Empire
    I finally received a response, and we've been going back and forth to no avail. The access card department was able to at least swap cards when my new one arrived yesterday, but the all access to Game Lounge still doesn't work on that one receiver, and here's what ticks me off: no one knows why. Game Lounge people told me exactly this: "There doesn't appear to be a solution to your problem. We're sorry."

This is NOT acceptable! Period! Just why the hell am I paying $5.99/mo. for a service that doesn't work on one receiver but does on the others? Furthermore, it DID work up until this past Saturday for some odd reason.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.