1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Gamefly

Discussion in 'Gaming Fun - The Other Reality' started by AttiTech, Mar 31, 2011.

1. AttiTech

AttiTech Godfather

Feb 21, 2011
    How long does it take for them to ship the games after signing up and setting up your Q? My wife and I set up 2 days ago around mid afternoon and everytime we check they have yet to ship the games out. One has high availability and the other medium. Anyone have any knowledge on why it would take this long? Says up to 24 hours on the site.

-Atti

2. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    The two times I tried, it took up to 4 days to get my games.

I won't join again, until they open a distribution center closer to Chicago.

3. AttiTech

AttiTech Godfather

Feb 21, 2011
    Hmm, well that blows. I know I had a friend getting his game quickly and he only lives about 2 miles from me. Every time I check the site though it just keeps telling me nothing has been shipped. Pretty irritating since I'm trying to save myself about $80 a month between my wife and I. ='/

4. koji68

koji68 Icon

Jun 21, 2004
    It took as many a 7 days for me when I subscribed. I switched to Blockbuster since they have more or less the same delivery time but they are cheaper and it includes BluRay movies. The game selection is not as good.

5. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    A big part of their problem is the three+ month delay. They list Portal 2 in coming soon, available August when it actually comes out next month.

6. AttiTech

AttiTech Godfather

Feb 21, 2011
    Well found out what the problem was....UPS didn't recognize my apartment as E104, but recognized it as 104E....Lame. I live about 3 hours from the ditribution center in FL so it shouldn't take to long. As for the new game releases, If it's a game I know I'll be keeping (mostly for online play or replay value like CoD: Black Ops) then I'll purchase it outright and go to the midnight release. If not, I can wait. Portal will be great, but I can wait.....I think. :D

7. Galaxie6411

Galaxie6411 Icon

Aug 26, 2007
    You'll want to even buy all your games through GF. For example I can buy any new ($60) release for roughly $45 after they send it to me, that does include my 10% discount but even without that they are cheaper than MSRP anywhere else. I'll usually wait until the day before the next one releases I want to rent then buy it, the price drops every week or so for the buy price.

Also a tip, make sure you get a game back and have an open slot 1 day before a game releases that you want, they usually ship them on Monday, for Tues. release, and if you have an empty slot you will get the game shipped on that first day. IF you wait and get a game in on say Wed. or even Tues. you'll be waiting because they will be low availability by that time. I get mine on Thurs. after a Tues. release and always have when I have an open slot for it to fill. Bad thing is it takes about twice as long for USPS to get the games sent back, I wish GF scanned them like Netflix does at the post office.

8. AttiTech

AttiTech Godfather

Feb 21, 2011
    So I figured based off how fast my buddy gets his I'll have the first games within 2 days. Only thing I haven't found out from him, is how long after I send the game back does it take to get a new one? 4 days to get to them then 2 days to get a new one to me?

9. Galaxie6411

Galaxie6411 Icon

Aug 26, 2007
    I get mine in 2 but it takes 4-5 for them to get them back, the must come from and go to different places in my case. It will be different for every area and you get email notification when they get them and send them out so you'll know after your first cycle.

10. AttiTech

AttiTech Godfather

Feb 21, 2011
    Have my Queue setup with 36 items already xD. Figured I need to give my ps2 some love too instead of just my 360. Baulders Gate, HERE I COME! :D

11. AttiTech

AttiTech Godfather

Feb 21, 2011
    Just an FYI, shipped a game out on Tuesday morning; received my next one today. Not to shabby I would say :D

12. fluffybear

fluffybear Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jun 19, 2004
    Peachtree...
    I noticed that was how it started out for us as well. We would get the next game in our queue right away for a couple of weeks then it progressively became slower and slower to where we would eventually maybe see 2 or 3 games a month..

13. AttiTech

AttiTech Godfather

Feb 21, 2011
    With how often I send games back I'd probably be happy with 2/3 a month depending lol. I'm still trying to finish NFS: Hot Pursuit and the new Medal of Honor. DICE did a good job.

14. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
  15. fluffybear

fluffybear Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jun 19, 2004
    Peachtree...
    The dispute appears to do more with the fact that Netflix and Blockbuster were being treated differently then delivery speed. Discs from Netflix Blockbuster were being hand sorted while Gamefly and other services were not thus resulting in those companies having discs damaged.
    Personally, I would think this might actually slow things up as (if I understand this) items which are hand sorted require additional time to be sorted and routed correctly.

16. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    When I drop a Netflix movie off at the dropbox at the office, pickup is around 5pm. Usually around 7-8am the next morning, I get an email that they've received it. I know they don't actually have it that quickly, but it's in the USPS system. They send out my next movie later that day. If that is manual sorting, it's certainly not hurting turnaround time.

17. AttiTech

AttiTech Godfather

Feb 21, 2011
    Same for Gamefly, I put my game back in the mail on a Tuesday morning and Wednesday morning I had an email that they had received it and were shipping my next game. Said I had 3 games out for awhile though so it took them a bit to get it