1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Geenie Client White Screen

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by jtrippe77, Aug 30, 2013.

1. jtrippe77

jtrippe77 Mentor

Sep 28, 2006
    I've got an HR-34 with one client. About a week ago I wanted to watch something on the client and all I could see was a white screen. I reset the client and I could set the blue screen indicating that it was resetting. Then, the white screen was back. I tried hard reboots, plugging and unplugging the HDMI cable and changing the input on the TV. Still nothing. My other devices worked on the same HDMI input in the TV as I run everything through a sound system. I googled the issue and found that I needed to reset (red botton) the HR-34 and then the client. That worked ... for a day. The next day the white screen was back. I repeated the steps and had picture again. The next day, yesterday, the same deal with white screen and then reset. I called customer service and they took me through the same steps I already tried. The could not fix the issue and wanted to send out someone to look at my setup. Is there anyway to fix the issue without a tech visit? I don't think I should have to pay the service charge when I've only been with DTV for six months and I didn't cause the problem. Or, should I just suck i up and pay the $49 service charge? Any suggestions or known fixes? Thanks in advance! I will say this, I've been with Dish and Brightouse over the years and when their equipment failed they replaced it with not service charge or any other charge. I love my DirecTV service but don't think I should be charged for a receiver issue.

1 person likes this.
  2. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    The white screen issues are annoying, and the good news is that they are slowly going away. My guess is if you're seeing them that frequently, a service call wouldn't be a bad idea.