1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Genie and clients recordings

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by rlavinder, Nov 16, 2013.

1. rlavinder

rlavinder Cool Member

Oct 21, 2010
    I am thinking of upgrading to the Genie system with clients when my 2 years on my protection plan come due and I am wondering is after scheduling a recording on a genie client to record to the genie will I be able to see what is scheduled to record today in the to do list and manage my recordings from any client in the house?

2. RunnerFL

RunnerFL DIRECTV A-Team

Jan 4, 2006
    Yes, the client is for the most part just an extension of the Genie itself. You'll be able to manage your recordings from a client.

3. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    Just to make sure, you know of the pros and cons of the Genie clients, and that they are not required. You can get a Genie and keep any of your other receivers or DVRs you currently have.

4. Supramom2000

Supramom2000 In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

Jun 20, 2007
    Colbert, WA
    dpeters is right. Most of us here recommend you keep at least one other DVR for recording backup or Genie failure. If you only have clients and a Genie, then you have no back up or fail safe.