1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Genie and clients searching for server.

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by doo4usc, Jan 9, 2014.

1. doo4usc

doo4usc Legend

Oct 20, 2006
    Temecula
    Hope this is the right forum, had my install the end of Nov, I've had troubles ever since..This has my been my 3rd service call. We have a total of 8 boxes in our Whole Home Sys. The none clients (4), seem fine, the Genie has been replaced along with a new cabling and new connections. This is a new home for us, had Directv before since the '90's, and never had a problem. Do you think that replacing with DVR's in the "Whole Home Sys", would work better, this certainly does not. Thx.

2. NR4P

NR4P Dad

Jan 15, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    We could use more info.
    For example, you wrote none clients (4) so that typo isn't clear.
    Your signature shows HR20's and WB68 and we know Genies dont work with multiswtiches

So the best place to start is with a detailed equipment list of everything you have.
    From the SWM (which one) and all the boxes and and any DECA bridges or CCK's

3. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    It would appear to me that the TS has a Genie, 3 clients and 4 "other" (non-clients) receivers that are working fine. However a description of how this all came together will def help