1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Genie and HR-21/DECA Recordings

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by donlboy, Feb 24, 2014.

1. donlboy

donlboy New Member

Mar 30, 2007
    I have a Genie with 3 Minis, along with a HR21/DECA. The 'List' button lists all recordings made on both the Genie and the HR-21, but I don't see any way to tell which unit a given recording is on. Am I missing it?

Thanks, Don

2. Drucifer

Drucifer New Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    Only H2x can dictate which DVR to record.

Want you asked about is a feature often requested by customers with multi-DVRs. So far, DirecTV appears not to be listening.

3. b52pooh

b52pooh Cool Member

Mar 10, 2011
    Southern Oregon
    When you press the LIST button and view the recordings, there is a header for each recording. At the beginning of the description of the program, it will include the name of the DVR it is recorded on, or , if there is no name, it is on the DVR you are viewing.

4. donlboy

donlboy New Member

Mar 30, 2007
    b52pooh -- Thanks! That was so obvious that I missed it :goodjob: