1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Genie C31 CCK

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by StephenJC, Nov 24, 2012.

1. StephenJC

StephenJC Legend

Feb 26, 2012
    Hi. I currently have 2 HR24s and 2 H boxes. I also have the old style wired CCK and 1 DECA on the H21 in my office that I have connected to an Ethernet switch so both the H21 and my laptop dock can get internet. If I replace my setup with a Genie and 3 CCKs 1) does the Genie have a built in CCK? I just hook my router into it via Ethernet? 2) Can I use the splitter and existing CCK in my office to get both the 31 and my Ethernet switch to work? Will the CCK receive internet via coax and output via Ethernet, the opposite of what it is doing now?

2. harperhometheater

harperhometheater Legend

Aug 30, 2012
    Yes to all! :)