1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Genie HR44

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by JKOUGEL, Oct 17, 2013.

1. JKOUGEL

JKOUGEL New Member

Aug 13, 2006
    Just installed my second Genie HR44 due to recording light is not visible. The recording light can only be seen if you are standing right in front of the unit. The older model Genies I have seen have recording light that can be seen across the room. Is there a fix to brighten up the light?

2. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    I've never considered the recording light to be important, much less critical. To what use do you put it?

3. JKOUGEL

JKOUGEL New Member

Aug 13, 2006
    As you know, the Genie can record five programs at one time. I record a lot of programs , manly so I can skip the commercials . This is the only DTV receiver that I can't see if it is recording from my chair. I have to get up and walk over to see-it or pull up the list to see if it is recording.

4. inkahauts

inkahauts DIRECTV A-Team

Nov 13, 2006
    They are meant to be dim to not disturb or distract your viewing. No way to really change their brightness like the rest of the lights.

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk

5. inkahauts

inkahauts DIRECTV A-Team

Nov 13, 2006
    I'd just hit list then if your having trouble seeing it.

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk

6. MysteryMan

MysteryMan DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    My HR34-700 must be a exception. It's recording light is very bright. Much brighter than my previous HD DVR's.

7. o7RAVENS

o7RAVENS Mentor

Oct 28, 2007
    Baltimore Md.
    My recording light is very hard to see to. hr44 200

8. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    I think I ended up putting two light dims on mine. That light is like a laser.

9. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    I see. I set it and forget it, myself. Are you finding a number of recordings you've set are not ending up in the List?

10. mrdobolina

mrdobolina AllStar

Aug 28, 2006
    A Mile High
    Mine is also pretty dim (HR44-500), and I know once or twice I was surprised there was no recording light on when I knew there was a recording that should be happening. But when I checked, the recording was there and actually happening, it's just the light was so dim I couldn't see it from where I was at.

As long as my recordings happen, I don't mind not seeing the light. I just learned to have faith in Genie. :gott:

11. inkahauts

inkahauts DIRECTV A-Team

Nov 13, 2006
    My HR34-700 must be a exception. It's recording light is very bright. Much brighter than my previous HD DVR's.

The HR34 is obnoxious. I think that's why they made the hr44 so dim.