1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Genie mini won't PAUSE

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Tygh, Jul 11, 2013.

1. Tygh

Tygh New Member

May 7, 2006
    Got my new Genie and mini installed. When using the mini, I am unable to pause live or recorded shows. Am I doing something wrong?

2. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    First thing to try is resetting both your Genie and clients

3. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    Make sure whole home service is enabled on the account.

4. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    On the new remote, if you hold Pause down a bit, it'll jump back to Play before you know it.

5. keebler21

keebler21 Mentor

Oct 22, 2011
    Minnesota
    I'm using the C31 Mini client and have been having this issue for months now... if you wait it will eventually pause like 5 minutes later. Yes you can reboot the boxes and it will work fine again for a day or two and then back to the same... It's been frustrating and wish this worked better. If anyone knows another fix or a update to fix coming that would be great! Thanks!

6. Tygh

Tygh New Member

May 7, 2006
    Well, resetting cured the pause issue. Odd thing now is if I back up live tv and then jump to it live using the SKIP button, the C41 locks up. I have to tune to another channel and then back to get it to unlock itself. UGH.

Only other issue I have currently is the C41 wants to stretch shows that aren't in HD to fill the screen. There is no FORMAT button on the Genie remote as there was on my old remote. Anyone know the secret for the Genie remote?

7. Tygh

Tygh New Member

May 7, 2006
    Figured out the Format issue. Learning curves suck. Had my old box for 5 years.