1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Genie Not Working Without Clients

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by BigCTM, Apr 23, 2013.

1. BigCTM

BigCTM Cool Member

Jul 31, 2007
    I had a HR34 with 2 C31 clients and basically got sick and tired of the performance with the C31 clients. I had both of them deactivated and purchased a new HR24 to go along with the HR34. I figured this would be a pretty easy process but not so.

Now, my HR34 is useless with a message that states that this account is limited to 0 locations. It says to delete 1 location from the list below and the only location listed is the location of the HR34. There is no way to bypass this screen. Even a reset goes directly to this screen with the error message. If DirecTV adds 1 of the clients back, then both the HR34 and HR24 work perfectly. However, the HR34 will not work with both clients deactivated. DirecTV thinks it's an issue with the box and are sending a technician out tomorrow to check it out. This makes no sense to me since the HR34 works with 1 of the clients activated.

Any suggestions on this? Thanks.

2. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    Something is wrong with your account. Call customer service at 1-800-DIRECTV.

3. BigCTM

BigCTM Cool Member

Jul 31, 2007
    I have called them. They have no idea. I guess that's why they are sending a technician out tomorrow.

4. west99999

west99999 Icon

May 11, 2007
    You should speak with someone higher up. Try 866-678-9471 ask for sup if they can help you. There is no technical problem that a tech would be needed for.

5. BigCTM

BigCTM Cool Member

Jul 31, 2007
    I agree. Thanks for the number - will give it a shot...

6. harperhometheater

harperhometheater Legend

Aug 30, 2012
    So what ever came of this? I need to know the end of the cliffhanger! :D