1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Genie on demand ?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by fingerstyle, Mar 6, 2014.

1. fingerstyle

fingerstyle Mentor

Jan 22, 2008
    Apologies if this is in the wrong place . I have a brand new genie. When I search for on demand programs the list is full of channels I don't get or subscribe to. Is there a way to limit the search to what you can watch?

Thanks in advance

2. west99999

west99999 Icon

May 11, 2007
    Instead of searching just go to the actual on demand channel. Example if you get USA channel 242 then 1242 is the on demand channel for USA. That way you only go to channels that you get and like and don't have to search through everything.

3. fingerstyle

fingerstyle Mentor

Jan 22, 2008
    Thanks...sometimes you need to search to see what channel the show/movie is on. That's when I get the list ..especially when looking for movies

4. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    No, no way to just search and get results only from channels you subscribe to, at the end of the day, DirecTV wants you to see the full list just in case you buy a movie or subscribe to a channel on a whim.