1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Genie pauses during live and playback

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Mr. Bungle, Jul 22, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Cool Member

Jun 15, 2007
    Anybody else having an issue where the picture and audio freezes for a few seconds and then resumes? Its happening in playback of recorded shows and also during live tv.

2. lokar

lokar Icon

Oct 7, 2006
    This happened a lot to me in the last month but only on World Cup soccer games on ESPN. I rebooted my router and did that CLEARMYBOX search and that seemed to help but I haven't watched ESPN since the last game they showed a couple of weeks ago.

3. augisdad

augisdad AllStar

Sep 29, 2011
    KC area
    Happened to me last several nights watching the Royals almost live on 671-5. Have not done another CLEARMYBOX since the last one I did several weeks ago.

4. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Cool Member

Jun 15, 2007
    Contacted DTV Customer service Sunday after more issues have come up. Box is completely unresponsive sometimes, and when it is reset, lots of disk errors. I was told by DTV that they would push a software update to me within 72 hours. In the meantime its almost impossible to watch live TV or recordings. It constantly freezes up and remote is unresponsive. This morning after trying to red button reset it came up with over 20k disk errors. If its not solved by tomorrow they should be giving me a new box.

5. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Any errors on the hard drive is an indication that it is going "south" and HDD generally don't get better over time. There is no software that can fix an unhealthy drive. I would be on the phone just about now requesting a replacement ASAP!

6. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Cool Member

Jun 15, 2007
    It was doing better this morning. Only froze up on me a couple of times. If its not fixed by tonight when I get home from work I will be on the phone requesting a new box. Question is, will I get a new HR44 or will I get a HR34 again?

7. peds48

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    As I said, hard rives do not auto heal themselves. It is only going to get worse.

8. peds48

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    If you have a 34, most likely you will get a 34. If you have a 44 you most likely will get a 44

9. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Cool Member

Jun 15, 2007
    After HR34 had same issues this evening, I called DTV and a CSR was quick to get an order together for a replacement box. And they asked that I send the old box back to them to examine. 3 Business days. Hope its a newer model!

10. peds48

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Best to give up hope to avoid disappointment later...