1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

genie question

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by snowden2876, Apr 29, 2013.

1. snowden2876

snowden2876 New Member

Apr 28, 2013
    oklahoma
    I am getting a new genie...with one client...I have an hr 24 and h20. As well as a d11. Getting rid of the d11 and h20...going to use the genie on one tv.. the hr 24 on one tv and the client on another... will the hr 24 show what is on the genie and vise versa without a client... or do I need a client hooked up to the hr24? Thank you for any help

2. Drucifer

Drucifer New Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    You don't need a Client for the HR24.

3. Go Beavs

Go Beavs Hall Of Fame

Nov 18, 2008
    Portland,...
    Yup, the Genie and the HR24 will see each other through the network and can playback shows from each other. The client will playback shows from the Genie and the HR24 too.

4. snowden2876

snowden2876 New Member

Apr 28, 2013
    oklahoma
    Sweet. Thanks for helping!

5. Supramom2000

Supramom2000 In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

Jun 20, 2007
    Colbert, WA
    You will really like this set-up! Having all that flexibility is pretty awesome.

One recommendation: Double record your favorite things for a while on both the Genie and the DVR. Just until you are sure things are working the way you want.

I actually still do it on almost all my series links. That way I can be sure if one receiver reboots or fails somehow during a recording, the other will still have it.