1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Genie Recommends Discussion

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Stuart Sweet, Oct 12, 2012.

1. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    I thought it would be fun to get the conversation started about Genie Recommends. You're going to hear a lot more about it in the media, so let's get to talking!

Personally I have a "most interesting man in the world" perspective on it. I don't always use Genie Recommends but when I do... it's great.

2. Alan Gordon

Alan Gordon Chancellor

Jun 7, 2004
    Dawson, Georgia
    My results haven't been great, but it has improved, and I LOVE that most of my recent Genie Recommends recordings have been Series/Season Premieres...

I like that a lot! :)

3. Drucifer

Drucifer New Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    It took three weeks of monitoring before the Genie Recommendations began to be shows I would watch.

But Genie Recommend recording often interfered with my live watching or schedule recordings. So I shut it off and have not look back.

4. carl6

carl6 Moderator DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    Never used Tivo suggestions, don't plan to use Genie. It is shut off.

5. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    I vowed never to turn it on, but ended up doing so about 3 weeks ago. Never suggested a single show I had any interest in (and some that were so far away from anything I'd watch it was kind of funny), so I turned it off again last weekend.

6. Rtm

Rtm Godfather

Oct 18, 2011
    I've turned it off but it doesn't delete the shows it has recorded like it says it does! If I turn it back on 24hrs later all the shows reappear. Any help or recommendations?