1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Genie skip/jump setting

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by carillon, Oct 30, 2013.

1. carillon

carillon Legend

Nov 14, 2007
    I have enabled the 30-second skip feature and find myself hitting it one or two times too many as soon as a commercial break starts only to have to use the jump back feature to get back to the beginning of the segment. What's frustrating is that the jump back doesn't jump very far. I'm not sure but it seems like 5 seconds or so.

Is there any way to adjust the jump back time to something more like 12 seconds?

Thanks

2. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    No, there isn't.

3. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    I also used 30SKIP. What I do is I press it one "press" at a time instead of "stacking" the "presses" so I know where I am in the show

4. dbronstein

dbronstein Hall Of Fame

Oct 21, 2002
    This is a common complaint. The jump back is a few seconds shorter on the Genies than the other HRs for some reason.

5. peds48

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    This is a common complaint. The jump back is a few seconds shorter on the Genies than the other HRs for some reason.
    But in this case, the TS is using (or referring) to the "instant replay" rather than the actual jump back where doing REW

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

6. Bill Broderick

Bill Broderick Icon

Aug 25, 2006
    Long Island
    I believe that's what dbronstein was referring to. The "instant replay" on the Genies (at least on the HR44) is about 2 seconds less that the "instant replay" on the HR2x's (about four seconds vs six seconds).

7. Nov 1, 2013 #7 of 10
    Jason Whiddon

Jason Whiddon Hall Of Fame

Aug 17, 2006
    Id also like to see the jump back, jump back further.

8. Nov 1, 2013 #8 of 10
    carillon

carillon Legend

Nov 14, 2007
    I'm not referring to the instant replay which I use and have no issues with. What I'd like to see is the jump back command go a few seconds further back, say 12 seconds or so.

9. Nov 1, 2013 #9 of 10
    dbronstein

dbronstein Hall Of Fame

Oct 21, 2002
    Yes, this is what I'm referring to.

Now I'm confused as to what you are referring to by "Instant replay" and "jump back". There is a button on the remote with a circular arrow. The remote guide calls this "REPLAY previous six seconds." This is what I thought you meant by "jump back". The button is sometimes called "instant replay" as well. Can you please clarify what exactly you are referring to by "jump back" and "instant replay"?

10. peds48

Jan 10, 2008
    NY