1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Genie vs Hopper

Discussion in 'General Satellite Discussion' started by robertsworld, Aug 11, 2013.

1. robertsworld

robertsworld New Member

Aug 11, 2013
    Mooresville in
    Hello!
    Witch Is a better whole house set up. I can get a genie for free and get several discounts for 3 year as a promotion to come back to directv. I cancelled service in may. There is also no money due now.
    This also includes Sunday ticket free.

I checked with dish I can also get a similar deal. But the discounts would be for about a year and there would be $74.00 due now.
    This would be a 3 room system. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

2. kaminar

kaminar Mentor

Mar 25, 2012
    I think you already know the answer..but perhaps you are assuming the Genie = Hopper. Even if they were "equal", the NFLST Max is in the mix. However, the Genie > Hopper.

Good luck!

-=K=-

3. robertsworld

robertsworld New Member

Aug 11, 2013
    Mooresville in
    Thank for the replies. I will probably go with directv as they have the best price. I have uverse only because of internet.
    not being caped yet as I do a lot of streaming. I will cut the uverse tv package down to a minimum and still save with directv. I wish there
    were more alternatives for internet besides Comcast.

4. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    Genie offers more flexibility, clients are not required and offers more options to record shows outside of network primetime. However, Dish allows more than one Hopper, though I think they are charging a larger monthly fee for the second one.

5. Curtis0620

Curtis0620 Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Genie 5 tuners vs Hopper 3 tuners.

6. joshjr

joshjr Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Aug 2, 2008
    NE Oklahoma
    That dont sound that similiar at all. One has 3 years of discounts, no money out of pocket and Sunday Ticket and the other 1 year of discounts, money out of pocket and no Sunday Ticket. Sounds like a no brainer to me.