1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Genie wireless bridge not functioning after power hit

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by spidey, Aug 30, 2013.

1. spidey

spidey Hall Of Fame

Aug 31, 2006
    Had a power outage in house that lasted just a few seconds. Everything is plugged into a surge protector. The video bridge was showing blue light however the HR44 was reporting it had lost the video bridge. Tried to check video bridge status and said none found. Tried powering down and back up,the bridge however all it does now is blink green light. What's up????

2. dennisj00

dennisj00 Hall Of Fame

Sep 27, 2007
    Lake Norman, NC
    Unfortunately, outages of a few seconds are worse than outages of hours or days. . . it probably blew something in the power supply.

Try a 30 second reset . . should reset to defaults if it works. If not, call for replacement.

3. spidey

spidey Hall Of Fame

Aug 31, 2006
    Actually a reset of the HR 44 had everything come back normally after a 15 second power down of the wireless bridge.

4. kaminar

kaminar Mentor

Mar 25, 2012
    Protecting many $1000s of A/V equipment with a surge protector is a disaster waiting to happen. Best to get some decent UPS equipment. Some get systems connected to their electric panel. Just saying..

-=K=-

5. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Protecting many $1000s of A/V equipment with a surge protector is a disaster waiting to happen. Best to get some decent UPS equipment. Some get systems connected to their electric panel. Just saying..

-=K=-
    a UPS is about the same when it comes to "protection" the only real way to protect is with a whole house protection system and having the dish inside this protected zone. this system cost several thousands of dollars depending on size of home

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk

6. inkahauts

inkahauts DIRECTV A-Team

Nov 13, 2006
    actually the biggest problem is what surge protector people use. Many think a $20 is as good as a better one. I've yet to see a decent one for under $50 ever. Most cost more than that. There is a big difference in them.

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk mobile app

7. spidey

spidey Hall Of Fame

Aug 31, 2006
    My surge protectors were all over 100 and have very good warranty replacements. Been in the house for 24 years now never lost a piece of equipment.

8. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    actually the biggest problem is what surge protector people use. Many think a $20 is as good as a better one. I've yet to see a decent one for under $50 ever. Most cost more than that. There is a big difference in them.

Nahhh, they are all the same. they all have the same problem, which is in the weakest link. the one device not protected

9. inkahauts

inkahauts DIRECTV A-Team

Nov 13, 2006
    Nahhh, they are all the same. they all have the same problem, which is in the weakest link. the one device not protected

I can't tell if you are joking or not on this one. ;). Yeah it's always people forget to plug In That one device but wow are there differences in them.