1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Genie wiring

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Tips and Resources' started by johnchart, Jul 26, 2013.

1. johnchart

johnchart Legend

Sep 17, 2006
    Just had new Genie installed. Works fine. I noticed they changed the wiring quite a bit. When I take my Genie box down to S. Texas for the winter will I have to call DIrecTV to have setup done again? Will my monthly protection plan cover cost?

2. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Hmm, this is a very "complicated" situation. who installed the DirecTV system at the other house? The protection plan would not cover this as you are not "supposed" to be doing this to begin with

3. HoTat2

HoTat2 Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2005
    Los...
    What do you mean peds?

If say the TS is a "snowbird" with technically two accounts of which only one is active at a time (changed at no more than twice a year), why can't he do this as I see you yourself affirmed once in the DIRECTV forum?

http://forums.directv.com/message/11229287#11229287

But I agree, the P.P. won't cover the cost of the install at the home in S. Texas.

4. inkahauts

inkahauts DIRECTV A-Team

Nov 13, 2006
    If he changes service address twice a year as well, I'd think he'd beagle to get it done via movers offer as well this time.

5. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    What do you mean peds?

If say the TS is a "snowbird" with technically two accounts of which only one is active at a time (changed at no more than twice a year), why can't he do this as I see you yourself affirmed once in the DIRECTV forum?

http://forums.directv.com/message/11229287#11229287

But I agree, the P.P. won't cover the cost of the install at the home in S. Texas.

By "complicated" I meant the TS might have trouble (meaning it might not be easy) getting this done through DirecTV thus the reason of "unsupported" in quotations marks. YMMV