1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Geniego and Samsung Note 8

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by steve95, Sep 12, 2013.

Tags:
  1. steve95

steve95 New Member

Sep 9, 2006
    I have a Samsung Note 8 and want to have Geniego on this device. The Geniego app is compatible with the Samsung Note 2 and 10. Mine is the same except in the 8 inch size. Can anyone tell me where I can get the app.

Thanks!

2. HoTat2

HoTat2 Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2005
    Los...
    AFAIK;

There isn't one unfortunately. At least not yet.

Only compatible with the Galaxy Note, Note II and 10.1 series tablets at this time.

3. kpfleming

kpfleming Cool Member

Dec 26, 2011
    If you have another Android device that you *can* install the app on from the Play Store, do so. Then install AirDroid on that device and your Galaxy Note 8. You can use AirDroid to copy the .APK file for the app from the other device to the Note 8, then install it. I did this to put the app on my Asus Transformer Infinity (also listed as a 'supported device' by DirecTV, but the Play Store doesn't offer the app).

4. HoTat2

HoTat2 Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2005
    Los...
    But your Asus Transformer Infinity is nevertheless listed as a "supported device."

So how will this workaround method work for the Samsung Note 8 which is not listed as supported?