1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

GenieGo App Stops Playing Every Few Minutes

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by islesfan, Mar 3, 2014.

1. islesfan

islesfan Hall Of Fame

Oct 18, 2006
    Nevada
    My GenieGo app on both my iPhone 5S and iPad 4th Gen stops playing every few minutes. It is playing a downloaded program just fine, but then it dumps back to the program description page. It isn't a huge problem, as I just have to hit play again, it "optimizes video" for a second, and I'm right back where I left off. I'm just wondering why this happens and what I may be able to do about it.

2. dennisj00

dennisj00 Hall Of Fame

Sep 27, 2007
    Lake Norman, NC
    If rebooting the GG or your wifi router doesn't fix it, it's weird that it's on both devices. Is it a particular program of from a particular DVR?

3. islesfan

islesfan Hall Of Fame

Oct 18, 2006
    Nevada
    No it seems to happen with most things. I only have one DVR now, the Genie, but this isn't a streaming issue. This happens with recordings that I have downloaded to the device.

4. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    I would delete and reinstall the app. most times updates to the app are better done by reinstalling rather than "updating"

5. islesfan

islesfan Hall Of Fame

Oct 18, 2006
    Nevada
    First thing I tried.