DBSTalk Forum banner

GenieGo only sees Playlist from one of four DVRs

Tags
geniego
15K views 88 replies 27 participants last post by  raromr 
#1 ·
I hadn't used either of my GenieGo clients for a few weeks, so not sure when this problem started. My GenieGo clients (iPad and Win7 laptop) now only see the Playlist from 1 of my 4 HD DVRs, specifically my HR20-700. Yet all four of my DVRs show under the "DVR Playlist Manager", but only the Playlist from my HR20-700 is showing. My other HD DVRs are an HR24-500, HR34 and HR44. I have, of course, tried resetting the GenieGo and all of my HD DVRs, but no change. Everything is networked using standard DECA networking on my SWM16 setup.

This used to work fine until sometime in the past few weeks. It's possible that this problem started after I deactivated some DVRs from my account. Does GenieGo care which of my DVR's is my account's "primary" Receiver? Puzzled!

Oh, and Whole Home DVR sharing is working fine across all four HD DVRs and two HD Receivers.

Thanks for any suggestions you can offer!

#2 ·
It shouldn't care which unit is main on your account.
Check your external device settings in the Whole home menu make sure they are set to allow on the units that are not showing up.

#3 ·
I had (essentially) the same problem starting two weeks ago. I can see both of my HR24's. But I can't see programs from my HR44. Like you, all of my DVR's show in the DVR playlist. I wrote about this problem in this thread

I left on vacation the day after writing the last post in that thread and haven't tried doing anything else since then. The problem still exists.

#5 ·
Bill Broderick said:
I had (essentially) the same problem starting two weeks ago. I can see both of my HR24's. But I can't see programs from my HR44. Like you, all of my DVR's show in the DVR playlist. I wrote about this problem in this thread

I left on vacation the day after writing the last post in that thread and haven't tried doing anything else since then. The problem still exists.
Same issue here on a HR34 that was fine until software version x744 downloaded this morning.

#10 ·
texasbrit said:
I had the same problem. Rebooted my GenieGo, did not solve. Rebooted all the DVRs, and then the GenieGo. Did not appear to solve but about five minutes later all the playlists appeared
I'll give that a try. Thanks.

#12 ·
Resetting as above did not work for me, GenieGo still doesn't see the HR34.

I'm also now having this problem (after receiving updates on my HR24 and HR34 this week). GenieGo sees my HR34, but not my HR24 (even though both appear as connected DVRs in the app). I verified all share settings and have rebooted the DVRs and reset the GenieGo. Very frustrating!!

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk

#14 ·
I don't have the PC app installed. I only have the iOS app on 3 iPhones and 1 iPad. All 4 devices have the exact same issue. They could display the HR34 and HR24 playlists this past weekend, but as of today only display the playlist from the HR34 (even though the app shows that the HR24 is connected).

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk

#15 ·
trh said:
With earlier problems with the GenieGo, you had to uninstall/re-install the App to fix the problem. You might want to try that on your PC.
I tried that on my iPad when I first had the problem 2 weeks ago. It didn't resolve the problem. The only thing that it ended up doing was to delete the programs that I had already downloaded to the iPad, which caused me to have to re-encode and download them a second time, before leaving for vacation. Luckily for me, the programs that I wanted to watch on the plane were on my HR24's, not my HR44.

#18 ·
trh said:
With earlier problems with the GenieGo, you had to uninstall/re-install the App to fix the problem. You might want to try that on your PC.
No, I'm having the problem on both my laptop PC and iPad. Have already tried deleting and reinstalling the GenieGo clients. No help.

#20 ·
The interesting thing for me is that GenieGo will display my HR34 playlist, but not my HR24 or HR23 playlist! I've rebooted all my receivers, verified that that they have sharing enabled, and have reset my GenieGo box. I know my GenieGo was able to see the playlists from all of my DVRs last Friday as I was downloading shows from each of the DVRs to my kids' iDevices. The GenieGo client does show that all 3 DVRs are connected, but will only show the playlist from the HR34. I sure hope a fix (or workaround) will be available soon!

#22 ·
It doesn't appear that anybody (except me) has reported this issue in the Genie, 0x0744 - issues/Discussion or HR DVR's, Receivers and R22: 0x0740 Issues/Discussion threads. Since this appears to be related to the updates, it would probably make sense for people who are having this problem to mention it in those threads as well (or to add on to my post with a "me too").

I only mentioned this issue in the Genie thread because I haven't received the 0x0740 update on my HR24's yet. So, they are still working with my GenieGo.

#23 ·
Thanks Bill. I did end up posting my issue in the 0x0740 thread (since my GenieGo displays my HR34 playlist, but not my HR2x playlists). I'm surprised that I didn't see many others with this same issue. I'm bummed that this isn't working as I'm heading out of town this evening and would have loved to take some shows/movies with me on my iPhone.

I was playing around with the GenieGo client on my iPhone last night and ended up "hiding" the content from all 3 of my DVRs. Strangely, the playlist from my HR34 still showed up! I'm really not sure what is going on, but I sure hope this issue gets fixed. I'm guessing a call into DirecTV won't help?

#26 ·
Sully said:
Crap...the HR24 playlists have disappeared again. I was encoding a show from one of my HR24s and it just quit in the middle and now the GenieGo app is only showing my HR34 playlist again. This is so frustrating!!
For me, 30 second (and 2 minute) GG reboots have allowed the HR44 to show up for about 15 minutes. Then it gets lost again.

I got the 0x740 update on my two HR24's on Tuesday night. Both of those DVR's are still showing up on the GenieGo Apps. So, for me, it's just the Genie that is missing from the Genie Go.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.