1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

GenieGo PC App Help

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by Bohica, Nov 19, 2013.

1. Bohica

Bohica Cool Member

Jan 5, 2008
    So I just installed my GenieGo, and one of the biggest reasons I wanted it was to watch TV in my office on my PC (DirecTV2PC crashes on my PC all the time).

I get great video, but no sound. I saw another post saying that the GenieGo app on the the PC won't work with optical sound output? What the hell? Sounds works on my PC with EVERY single app except GenieGo. Any suggestions?

I use optical output from my motherboard to Logitech speakers.

Thanks

2. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Have you tried using the "regular" audio output? the headphone kind looking jack.

3. Bohica

Bohica Cool Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Ok, here is the weird thing. I plugged in the standard f/r mini jacks to my speakers and it worked. I then switched back to optical output, and now that works! All is good. I did read something on the directv forums about it not working on optical output, but it appears ok now.

4. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Awesome thanks for the update

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD