1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GenieGo Playback only

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by MartyS, Aug 12, 2013.

1. MartyS

MartyS New Member

Dec 29, 2006
    I was recently on a cruise and had loaded my iPad and computer with shows from my GenieGo. When I fired up the app, just to watch the shows I had transferred, it took nearly 5 minutes for the app to search for a network, validate my GenieGo, look for updates, etc.

Anyone have any idea how I can set it so that when I'm not connected to a network it jus opens and brings up the list of recorded programs on the device?

Thanks.

2. NR4P

NR4P Dad

Jan 15, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    I was recently on a cruise and had loaded my iPad and computer with shows from my GenieGo. When I fired up the app, just to watch the shows I had transferred, it took nearly 5 minutes for the app to search for a network, validate my GenieGo, look for updates, etc.

Anyone have any idea how I can set it so that when I'm not connected to a network it jus opens and brings up the list of recorded programs on the device?

Thanks.

Validate on your home network right before the trip. Then when away from home use airplane mode with all wireless off. It will launch faster and not attempt to validate for 30 days.

3. MartyS

MartyS New Member

Dec 29, 2006
    Thanks for the tip. This was the first time that I used GenieGo without any kind of signal since I got it a month or so ago. I appreciate the tip.