1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

GenieGo uses data for offline viewing???

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by BYRK, Jun 21, 2013.

1. BYRK

BYRK New Member

Jul 10, 2008
    I don't want it if it uses dat! My 5gb would be gone quick. I thought when you downloaded it.. it didn't use data to watch it

And anyone else have the samsung mesmerize? The app works but It only gives my the option to watch now. And not download on my phone.

Thanls

2. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    no the GenieGo does not uses any data (from the internet) when transcoding or downloading. It does uses data to confirm your subscription status from time to time

3. goinsleeper

goinsleeper Godfather

May 22, 2012
    Plus any software/firmware updates.

4. inkahauts

inkahauts DIRECTV A-Team

Nov 13, 2006
    You using the DIRECTV app or the genie go app? They are separate and the DIRECTV app that does watch now is streaming of channels live, not recorded shows. But if its something you set up to be downloaded to your phone over your network, it won't use any data off the genie go app.