1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting a free upgrade to Superfan?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Harrisment, Jul 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harrisment

Harrisment Mentor

Nov 22, 2005
    I've purchased NFLST for the last 4 years, but just a few months ago I finally got setup with HD. Now I'd love to take full advantage and get the Superfan package as well, but I'd really rather not have to pay another $99. Has anyone been succesfull calling retention and getting them to add Superfan for free? Do I need to threaten to cancel?

2. Wolffpack

Wolffpack Banned User

Jul 29, 2003
    When I called in June I got a free HR10 and free Superfan. I've been a NFLST customer for a few years with Superfan already. I called and just asked what kind of deal they could do for me.

3. Harrisment

Harrisment Mentor

Nov 22, 2005
    Update:

I just called retention and without hesitation he offered me Superfan for free. I then mentioned that I only had one line currently hooked up to my HR10-250, because at the time of install the technician said an additional line would cost more. The retention rep said that isn't right, and they're coming out next weekend to run an additional line at no charge. Sweet! :D

4. JLucPicard

JLucPicard Hall Of Fame

Apr 27, 2004
    Way cool, Harrisment! Glad they could take care of you!

(Just realized, I don't think I could have ever come up with a scenario where I'd be using "Way cool" and "Harrisment" in the same sentence, spelling differences aside) :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.