1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting Acquiring Satellite message on 622

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by Guitar1969, Oct 21, 2008.

1. Guitar1969

Guitar1969 Legend

Oct 19, 2006
    Seems like lately my 622 has been losing its signal (Every 2 weeks or so) and goes through the long reacquiring satellite and downloading guide data process. Aside from this process taking about 20-30minutes or so each time and messing up any currently recording shows, it seems to always get stuck at the tail end of downloading guide data(Last block of progress bar) causing me to reboot, which ultimately gets my signal back. What should I be checking on my end before calling Dish.

Thanks,
    mh

2. ChuckA

ChuckA Hall Of Fame

Feb 7, 2006
    Growing tree limbs and a windy day?

3. EXTACAMO

EXTACAMO Godfather

Apr 6, 2007
    Look at the system info screen and make sure all your sats are green.

4. vampirefish

vampirefish AllStar

Oct 19, 2004
    Couldn't help but leave a post here as I was really having a hard time with this as well.. and... well.. um... it was a Climatis that was growing up (vines) and over part of the dish (I have 2 dishes)!!! I also kind of redirected my 129 dish and got a much stronger signal... I was happy I was able to fix this... but it was the LAST thing I tried... what a dork!! :)

5. Guitar1969

Guitar1969 Legend

Oct 19, 2006
    I don't have any obstructions, as my satellite is on top of my roof with a clear view of the birds. But I did go to the info screen, and I got all green on 110 119 and 129, but also a "Details" message that LNB Drift was detected,(129 e-5) which I have no clue what that means other than that it sounds like someone from Dish needs to come out and make some adjustments right. Or is it something I can do easily.

So my next question, is do you think that this is a service call I will have to pay for out of pocket or would it be covered since it is something that shouldn't happen with no fault of mine. Never have had service call so I am not sure how that works.

6. puckwithahalo

puckwithahalo Hall Of Fame

Sep 2, 2007
    Isn't the fix ALWAYS the last thing you try? :D